Edits in Freeman's Mind

Sign in to follow this  

I was watching a few older Freeman's Mind episodes and saw some small-to-major edits in playing through the game. One in particular is when you skipped over a part that would've teleported Gordon to Xen. I thought this was odd, and was thinking if this would ever happen again, such as the ending or some other major event.

Second, if you have the time, could you say why you skipped Xen (perhaps time, graphics card being useless, or comedic purposes?)?

Episode 12. Now I apologize, I haven't played HL1 in YEARS, but I know he skipped something by noclipping (pullup) over a wall and catching the soldiers off guard.

Ross said in a previous interview that he didn't think it was realistic to run the wrong way on a treadmill and fight through a battalion of soldiers instead of doing a pull-up

I didn't even think it was correct to run on the treadmill. O_O

I just went the left way with all the lasers where you see the scientists. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

That part never skips you to Xen. The only areas in the entire game where Gordon travels to Xen is the end, and the very beginning during the Resonance Cascade.