does this only happen to me?

Sign in to follow this  

well, today i was in facebook, and this guy wrote me a PM bitching me for not going to some catholic meeting. this happens to me a lot. i sent him a reply, stating why i didnt go, in a very serious and formal way. the reply to that was total nonsense and an obvious lack of understanding. then i started to think, why you people, the ones in this forum, are able to have a civilized conversation, with polite (kind of) replies and critical thinking of the topic, while the people around me, like my classmates, seem to be lost in a cloud of fart, without being able to think for a moment what i'm saying to them.

i also found interesting the fact that the ones that play sports the most are the ones that give me the most basic replies, while others seem to be able to give a more complete answer, with something to back up what they say. furthermore, i found out that they seem not to know some things 90% of the bloody human population knows, like what STEAM is, or what a bloody MAC is. of course, im not expecting them to know what machinima is, as 1 out of 20 people knows what it means.

in my particular case, im the only single student in the whole bloody school that knows what TF2 is. im one of the few that does not play any sport after school, nor going to gym. im one of the VERY few people that can actually speak decent english after 10 fucking years of studying the language and getting 5 diplomas. im the only one that doesn't use youtube to just watch annoying orange or people getting hurt, and im pretty sure im the only one that knows who Rebecca Black is. is it just me, or there's something wrong here???

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

and this guy wrote me a PM bitching me for not going to some catholic meeting

Well I'm non-Religious so I can't help you there.

then i started to think, why you people, the ones in this forum, are able to have a civilized conversation

I think forums are usually harder to use compared to sites like: Facebook, Twitter etc. That may discourage people with little constructive to say from posting. Either that or we're lucky.

with polite (kind of) replies
:lol:
furthermore, i found out that they seem not to know some things 90% of the bloody human population knows, like what STEAM is, or what a bloody MAC is. of course, im not expecting them to know what machinima is, as 1 out of 20 people knows what it means.

I go to a private school so I don't know whether or not this is what most schools are like in Canada but the majority of people I know have at least some basic computer skills, but they too are mostly in the dark about every aspect of gaming but Call of Duty and Mario.

im one of the VERY few people that can actually speak decent english after 10 fucking years of studying the language and getting 5 diplomas

Even in Canada it seems like no one speaks decent English sometimes.

im the only one that doesn't use youtube to just watch annoying orange or people getting hurt, and im pretty sure im the only one that knows who Rebecca Black is. is it just me, or there's something wrong here???

I think the majority of the population don't know any meme's and either don't use the internet, or use it for the exact reason of watching people get hurt.

The way I see it, things like Facebook and Twitter and such are much more informal than places like web fora (for instance, you'd probably never see the word "fora" on them) so people don't see a need to compose their thoughts a bit more prior to responding. It's more a "stream of consciousness" thing than a "I'm writing a letter to you" type of thing.

"I'm sorry that I could not attend the meeting; I was detained by an emergency at work."

becomes

'sry dude cant go shit@wrk!!!!ugh!!!1!"

They are capable of doing the former but do the latter because they feel it's more informal. However, if the informal nature of the message is not the problem, it could have to do with how you and they communicate. You are not getting your point across for whatever reason so you need to figure out how best to explain it to the person.

Other times, people are just assholes. :)

You could always remove the person in question from your Facebook friends, koach2.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

90% of the human population knows what Steam is?

Sounds to me like a part of the problem is your generalizations. :|

It really shouldn't be a surprise that other people have different interests. You know about Steam and likely about modern computer games but I doubt you know of a good routine for endurance training and what foods to eat to help in that regard. The number of sets and reps, the time it should be done and the frequency of workouts. Do you know how to score in a competitive game of soccer or properly do a tackle in American Football. Can you do a spike in Volleyball or a serve in Tennis?

Besides there's no way for you to know that you're the only that does this or that in your entire school.

Not all people are forthcoming. And going with the flow of your peers is often easy to do so as not to create some kind of conflict. If it really bothers you, then broaden the horizons of your immediate friends by properly introducing them to the things that "90% of the bloody human population" knows but they do not. '

90% of the human population knows what Steam is?

Sounds to me like a part of the problem is your generalizations. :|

It really shouldn't be a surprise that other people have different interests. You know about Steam and likely about modern computer games but I doubt you know of a good routine for endurance training and what foods to eat to help in that regard. The number of sets and reps, the time it should be done and the frequency of workouts. Do you know how to score in a competitive game of soccer or properly do a tackle in American Football. Can you do a spike in Volleyball or a serve in Tennis? '

yes, i do. the training stuff depends on the person. i used to play competitive soccer and

im a prop in my school's rugby team. before that i was in the Volleyball team.

Besides there's no way for you to know that you're the only that does this or that in your entire school.

Not all people are forthcoming. And going with the flow of your peers is often easy to do so as not to create some kind of conflict. If it really bothers you, then broaden the horizons of your immediate friends by properly introducing them to the things that "90% of the bloody human population" knows but they do not. '

im talking about the people around me that i know a little about, and what i hear bout others. of course not 90% of the human pop. knows what steam is, its just an example. what i mean is that they are ignorant about things most of the people like them know. let's put it this way, i was the 1st one to know bout the quake in japan, then the rest got to know it because i told'em. however, they didnt believe me at first. they never believe me until they see it by themselves. a good example is, we had like 10 grand (local currency) saved to spend next year in the graduation party. i told them to buy U$S with that money. they didnt listen, now those 10 grand are worth 8.

of course, i have to admit, they know things i dont, like how to fuck a chick you dont even know in 10 minutes.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.