What the fuck Gamestop

Sign in to follow this  

So, yesterday I was browsing at Gamestop, I was bored, nothing to do. I go to the PS3 section see Little Big Planet 2, on the top right I see the tag, telling me the price of the game, $54.99 so basically $55. Then I see that's "PRE-OWNED". WHAT THE FUCK GAMESTOP!? I'm speechless, what's the point of buying the game used when you could easily gain the extra $5 or whatever and get the game new. Oh and if you're one of those people who are going to be like "pix for proof or it didnt hapen" well, here's your picture:

whatthegamestop.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Gamestop has been pulling that same shit for years around here, on top of giving like $25 max in cash for a game trade-in, with the rest in "store credit" that I can't use anywhere else.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Hahaha shitty deals like that feed Amazon and make it bigger

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I got connections to gamestop through my school. I got wicked discounts. ^_^

but since LBP is not a game I'm particularly interested in, I don't have too much to worry about in this case. but still, lol...

Retired Forum Moderator

Also if you go to their website you'll find other deals like this one, but even worse. For example, God of War III new is listed as $29.99 whereas you can get it pre-owned (same as used) for $26.99. Now for some odd reason Madden NFL 11, new for $59.99 but pre-owned for $29.99!

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

To me, it seems games considered "multiplayer" as in people will buy it, because they can play it with their friends kind of multiplayer will cost you around full price for a long time to come. 1080 avalanche, Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl, Super Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Little Big Planet (until Sony brought it to their discount line) and Little Big Planet 2 are all games that I have payed attention to growing up and fit what I am trying to explain.

Many of the dilemmas and nigh-dramas of buying video games I avoid simply by not buying games all that often. The last time I bought a game was last month, but it was a new copy from Amazon that was 7 years old. Previous to that, the most recent game was Fallout 3 and then Mass Effect, both acquired in 2009. Insuch my slow acquisition of video games and latency of graphics necessity means that games are never particularly strenuous on my compy, and when I actually get to playing the latest and greatest, the graphical fidelity never ceases to amaze.

It's sort of backward thinking, but it's not being a Luddite and it's also economical.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I shop there a lot actually.

Me too i love it never had a complaint yet staff is real nice.

On a side note to see if the alleged Gamestop is ripping customers off go online and check the prices there for new and used. Print it off and talk to the person in charge. See what happens then. Im also quite sure if you live in a big city there is some private owned game shops thats sell way less. Its worth a shot.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Same thing happened to me with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. The clerk had me down for the PS3 version cleared it right up they did

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Thats pretty interesting... Good thing i dont have a gamestop for miles. MEANY miles.

Does eny 1 know a reason for that? Or are they just greedy?

Well Gamestop and other hard copy retailers are having to compete these days with Digital distribution, and I really mean compete- companies.. well, take Valve. Valve makes neat games, and if they want physical copies distributed, they have to pay EA to make and ship them, which lets EA cut into their pockets as well as put their logo onto the game box. Then the games are bought by the shops in order to be sold to the public. Valve wants to make more money and therefore would prefer not to have to give their games to EA like that, and EA wants in on the same sort of action that Valve has and makes up a thing to compete with Steam. This leaves poor little game shop in the dust, and that's where the future is going at this current time and route.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Well Gamestop and other hard copy retailers are having to compete these days with Digital distribution, and I really mean compete- companies.. well, take Valve. Valve makes neat games, and if they want physical copies distributed, they have to pay EA to make and ship them, which lets EA cut into their pockets as well as put their logo onto the game box. Then the games are bought by the shops in order to be sold to the public. Valve wants to make more money and therefore would prefer not to have to give their games to EA like that, and EA wants in on the same sort of action that Valve has and makes up a thing to compete with Steam. This leaves poor little game shop in the dust, and that's where the future is going at this current time and route.

Sans consoles, for the next 3-5 years. I'd bet the consoles are also the biggest chuck of the pie, as well. Mind you, I didn't look at any sales figures as I am too tired right now, but figured I'd point out my two cents.

sounds like a sweet deal, lucky for you that valve publishes with EA

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."