Stereotypes of your country, state/province, city, etc.

Sign in to follow this  

There are 2 true stereotypes about Canada.

1. Canada is the greatest country on earth 8-) (Jelly haters gonna hate)

2. In certain cities/provinces Some people will apologize even if it's your fault. It's weird I know :? . Not the exact stereotype but on a similar note, I was on an RV trip with my family in Nova Scotia (Atlantic coastal province), we stopped in the middle of a highway on-ramp to try to look at a map (we were lost), a jeep stopped besides us and the woman (25-35) driving leaned over and said "Hey! Do you need directions?" and got out and helped us. People are really laid back over there :shock:

"Always hear the same kind of story

Break their nose and they'll just say sorry

Tell em what kind of freaks are that polite?

It's gotta mean they're all up to something

So quick before they see it coming

Time for a preemptive strike"

That's more the Maritimes, if you tried to pull that in Alberta you'd get punched so hard you'd wake up with a chalk outline.

There are 2 true stereotypes about Canada.

1. Canada is the greatest country on earth 8-) (Jelly haters gonna hate)

2. In certain cities/provinces Some people will apologize even if it's your fault. It's weird I know :? . Not the exact stereotype but on a similar note, I was on an RV trip with my family in Nova Scotia (Atlantic coastal province), we stopped in the middle of a highway on-ramp to try to look at a map (we were lost), a jeep stopped besides us and the woman (25-35) driving leaned over and said "Hey! Do you need directions?" and got out and helped us. People are really laid back over there :shock:

"Always hear the same kind of story

Break their nose and they'll just say sorry

Tell em what kind of freaks are that polite?

It's gotta mean they're all up to something

So quick before they see it coming

Time for a preemptive strike"

I think they have the Hacker Hellstorm... Where is Sheriff Bud Boomer when you need him?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"They live on donuts and moose meat

And they leave the house without packing heat

Never even bring their guns to the mall

And you know what else is too funny

Their stupid Monopoly money

Can't take them seriously at all"

(No offense, alphabetagamma, or any other Canadian... Canada is awesome with its free meds and aboots and aboats [some Canadians do say aboat, not so sure about aboot.].)

(Mark Meer is also Canadian.)

Ok... another stereotype about the South is that we all own dogs that can hunt, I have two dogs (and a cat) who do nothing but bark, sniff, whine, eat, and sleep.

RedneckSecuritySystemJPG.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Their stupid Monopoly money

If you think our current (secure) money is weird (which it isn't) the Royal Canadian Mint is introducing polymer notes.

Polymer-Banknotes.jpg

Plastic money... Why?
Way more durable, way more secure.

How is plastic money more "secure?" And why would it have to be durable? You don't use it for sports or anything. :eh:

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Plastic money... Why?

How is plastic money more "secure?" And why would it have to be durable? You don't use it for sports or anything. :eh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chpllnU-To I know it's a cheesy movie but it's official, it has to be. And for being more durable, money changes hand thousands of time while people aren't sitting on it, money isn't exactly treated nicely.

Plastic is not more durable than cotton-fiber paper.

I don't know what the polymer is but I don't think it's normal plastic

Plastic is not more durable than cotton-fiber paper.

I'll tell you the stereotype I hear the most about my country after I finish eating my Big Mac.

I'll tell you the stereotype I hear the most about my country after I finish eating my Big Mac.

Eew...

Whoppers are better, have more meat, and are more popular.

Tell me about it... I probably weigh less than a lot of Europeans, ironically. I even live in the South, and Southerners are often stereotyped as overweight.

Plastic money... Why?

Plastic is more resilient to average usage (like folding and crumpling) than paper.

It also allows more security options to be built into the bill to counter forgeries. Don't think there aren't inventive ways that National mints encode their tender in order to prevent counterfeits.

4977341.bin?size=300x200

Transparency in the polymer is one of them.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Oh... the only problem is that plastic is nonrenewable.

In Cleveland, we are stereotyped as old overweight radically republican whites, gangsta blacks, wannabe gangsta teens(of either race, mind you.), criminally insane or overemotional sociopathic teens who listen to brokencyde and that we have really depressing weather. The sad thing is, it's all true.

But thank goodness we aren't Detroit.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

In Cleveland, we are stereotyped as old overweight radically republican whites, gangsta blacks, wannabe gangsta teens(of either race, mind you.), criminally insane or overemotional sociopathic teens who listen to brokencyde and that we have really depressing weather. The sad thing is, it's all true.

It's not really a stereotype, then, is it? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

It's not really a stereotype, then, is it? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

I thought a stereotype was supposed to be an exaggerated view of what people think about a specific group, whether it be true or false? :think:

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I thought a stereotype was supposed to be an exaggerated view of what people think about a specific group, whether it be true or false? :think:

It's not exaggerated if it's true, though.