Stereotypes of your country, state/province, city, etc.

Sign in to follow this  

I've never heard a Southern accent in Florida... They're sort of isolated from the rest of the South.

Florida is different because its just a giant mixture of everybody that have come from all over the US to retire. Also alot of Puerto Ricans/Cubans.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I've never heard a Southern accent in Florida... They're sort of isolated from the rest of the South.

Florida is different because its just a giant mixture of everybody that have come from all over the US to retire. Also alot of Puerto Ricans/Cubans.

We don't have anyone coming here to retire. Most people who come here stay here or are born here!

yeehaw.gif

...Sorry. That *is* a Southerner stereotype, though: xenophobia.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Sorry man I've been to those retirement neighborhoods before, alot of them have migrated down from up north (including my grandparents). :D or they have just come from other southern states too.

I'm sure not all Florida is like that, a good bit of cubans down there too.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Yeah, I know... I've been to Florida and I mainly just came across a lot of variety. Here in Georgia, we just have a lot of the stereotypical African Americans, some Hispanics, and rednecks.

...And of course, you have some people who aren't any of the above. Quite unusual.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Stereotypes, huh? Well, you know us southerners just love our guns. You judge us, but shooting old toilet seats is actually REALLY fun.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I shoot Prairie Dogs... It's more fun; you get to see their guts fall out as they crawl back down their hole...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I shoot Prairie Dogs... It's more fun; you get to see their guts fall out as they crawl back down their hole...

Yer prairie houn'dogs got nothin' on our bucks; ah sometimes even see them in th' city when ah's drivin'.

Yer prairie houn'dogs got nothin' on our bucks; ah sometimes even see them in th' city when ah's drivin'.

Antelope all over the place round here. Last place I lived it was just a 5 minute drive to Elk territory... Before that was South Dakota, and you can't hope to compare deer populations to then-there.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Antelope all over the place round here. Last place I lived it was just a 5 minute drive to Elk territory... Before that was South Dakota, and you can't hope to compare deer populations to then-there.

...Which, for whatever reason, brings up yet another Southern stereotype: Our swimming pools are actually just trucks full of water.

istockphoto_9923426-redneck-swimming-pool.jpg

Another stereotype of Cleveland is that we are incredibly violent. Although this isn't necessarily true for most of us, we do have our fair share of Gangsters (Cleveland Crime Family) both professional and small time. But compared to other cities, we aren't as bad.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Not everyone here eats/drinks nothing but: fried chicken, Coke (or "Co-Cola", as some REALLY Southern people say), and sweet tea... also that does sound pretty appealing in hindsight.