Stereotypes of your country, state/province, city, etc.

Sign in to follow this  

What are some stereotypes of your country, state/province, or city? Post 'em.

I have a lot of them since I live in the South... and not very many people have actually been down as deep South as I am without being in Florida (which isn't stereotyped as a "redneck/hillbilly state").

redneck-spelling-b.jpg

Here's what we're depicted to drive around in.

redneck.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

250px-Two_genuine_raggare_at_Power_Big_Meet_2005.jpg

That all of us "raggare" are dumb people from the countryside, a bit like the view on the south of america. When we simply like cars and beer.

This is what we drive

3.jpg

This is what they think we drive

Q.sized.jpg

The translation is: To style a Volvo is like putting makeup on a pig

canadalumberjack-11040511m.jpg

It is true that British Columbia is a major provider of wood.

backcountry-snowboarding.jpg

It is also true that per-capita, British Columbians have the most free time out of any demographic on the face of the Earth.

maple-syrup13.jpg

It is not true that BC has [much] of Maple Syrup. That would be Ontario or Quebec, which are on the East side of the country. It is also quite expensive and very sweet, so you don't just slop it onto anything you want to eat, exactly like how one does not pour vanilla extract onto ice cream.

bc20osoyoos20leaving.jpg

We are not all forests and snow. This is Osoyoos, a city in the Okanogan lake country, which is mostly desert since it's in the rain shadow of the Selkirk mountain range. it can also get as hot as 41 Celsius in the summer (105F).

However you may have caught on to the motif that there are lots of trees, and most places you look are very pretty.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Also, the Southern US is not all rural land/farms. I've never even seen a pig, chicken, etc. in person. Just a few horses.

Atlanta_Skyline.JPG

That's the Atlanta skyline.

...Also, "Metro Atlanta is a thriving high tech business community with more fiber optic cable than any other city in the United States."

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I'm from Memphis, Tennessee. I've made sure to stay personally away from all southern stereotypes. I have no accent for example.

I'm from England and I don't drink tea. I have a feeling that's a stereotypical English thing right there (the drinking of crazy quantities of tea), or at least it used to be.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Oh well... we have hell lot of *bad* words, and I acctually do not use them at all.

mentalnosc-polska-121-OBRAZKY.PL.jpg

[you don't wan't to know what does the polish men says here, trust me :D]

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I live in the South also, its pretty much a mixture of ghetto/redneck and the uptight church goers (and sometimes it mixes).

EDIT: Sterotype though, we all love our sweet tea (well most of us).

070808_DRINK_icedteaTN.jpg

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Nah... sweet tea's not really a stereotype for me. I see a lot of ghetto people, the occasional "uptight church goer", but only about 10-20% of the time do I see rednecks.

Drinking Horilka (Ukrainian Vodka), Hot Girls in mini skirts, Driving on Audis/BMW, Talking Russian in private while Ukrainian in public, Best Soil in the world, Blaming Jews, Russians, Poles on the problems of Ukraine, three handed pigs and other radioactive shit and IQ deflect due to Radiation.

The last two are OBVIOUSLY false stereotypes but what someone would like to hear (Not to say there aren't exceptions), the rest are fairly accurate although the language part depends on where you live. :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

bc20osoyoos20leaving.jpg

We are not all forests and snow. This is Osoyoos, a city in the Okanogan lake country, which is mostly desert since it's in the rain shadow of the Selkirk mountain range. it can also get as hot as 41 Celsius in the summer (105F).

However you may have caught on to the motif that there are lots of trees, and most places you look are very pretty.

I would never expect something like this in Canada :shock:

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

sam_neill_jurassic_park_3_001.jpg

I'd like to be kidding... but some people Actually believed the Jurassic Park plot..

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

sam_neill_jurassic_park_3_001.jpg

I'd like to be kidding... but some people Actually believed the Jurassic Park plot..

Sadly that image doesn't like hotlinking.

Stereotypically estonians drink a lot, swear a lot, drive German cars, make fun of latvians, hate russians, try to pwn finns at almost everything, are very self-centered, love sauna and love grilling. I bet there's more !

We do not have sex with sheep, mmmkay?

I thought that was a stereotype of Wales rather than New Zealand?

We do not have sex with sheep, mmmkay?

I thought that was a stereotype of Wales rather than New Zealand?

Austrailians love to call us "sheep-shaggers".

There are 2 true stereotypes about Canada.

1. Canada is the greatest country on earth 8-) (Jelly haters gonna hate)

2. In certain cities/provinces Some people will apologize even if it's your fault. It's weird I know :? . Not the exact stereotype but on a similar note, I was on an RV trip with my family in Nova Scotia (Atlantic coastal province), we stopped in the middle of a highway on-ramp to try to look at a map (we were lost), a jeep stopped besides us and the woman (25-35) driving leaned over and said "Hey! Do you need directions?" and got out and helped us. People are really laid back over there :shock:

2. In certain cities/provinces Some people will apologize even if it's your fault. It's weird I know :? . Not the exact stereotype but on a similar note, I was on an RV trip with my family in Nova Scotia (Atlantic coastal province), we stopped in the middle of a highway on-ramp to try to look at a map (we were lost), a jeep stopped besides us and the woman (25-35) driving leaned over and said "Hey! Do you need directions?" and got out and helped us. People are really laid back over there :shock:

If you did that here, you would get a car horn showed up your ass :lol:

"Always hear the same kind of story

Break their nose and they'll just say sorry

Tell me what kind of freaks are that polite?

It's gotta mean they're all up to something

So quick before they see it coming

Time for a preemptive strike"

Edited by Guest (see edit history)