Duke Nukem Forever - User Reviews

Sign in to follow this  

Alyxx, this is the critical question:

Did the quality of the game warrant the fourteen-year development time? Is that what you expected after fourteen years?

I've not played the game, but in my eyes there's nothing they could do to make up for that time; I would expect nothing but sheer perfection from a game that took that long to make. You said that it's "what you expected from a Duke game" but I think that people were expecting something more than a Duke game after all those years. I think that's why it got slaughtered by reviewers.

From what I've played of DNF, it seemed like an okay game at best. Gameplay was simple and felt un-original (not that any games are anymore) and started to feel boring after playing for about an hour. Some things felt like they could still use some work, such as Duke's jumping (I don't know anyone that jumps like that). I did enjoy however, some of the now abandoned cliches of alien invasions, like shrink rays and the Duke cave. But as I can't feel the nostalgia that many people must, and because I have barely played it at all, I can't say for sure what I think about the game as a whole.

Did the quality of the game warrant the fourteen-year development time? Is that what you expected after fourteen years?

I disagree, we're reviewing the game, not the developers.

I feel the game had too much screwing about at the beginning and not enough killing.

It's a Duke game, jesus christ.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I've not played the game, but in my eyes there's nothing they could do to make up for that time; I would expect nothing but sheer perfection from a game that took that long to make. You said that it's "what you expected from a Duke game" but I think that people were expecting something more than a Duke game after all those years. I think that's why it got slaughtered by reviewers.

Yeah, definitely. Undoubtedly 14 years of development builds up expectations that the final product never could surpass. It was definitely not worth the waiting time.

But is it a bad game? Not at all. I truly enjoy it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com