Duke Nukem Forever - User Reviews

Sign in to follow this  

the question here is how they managed to avoid getting an AO, or Adults Only, rating, which would keep the game off shelves since most retailers refuse to sell AO games.

The obviously know the censors that run ESRB, and the censors are fans of the game...

Or they talked to the company and strictly followed the guidelines to getting an M...

Can we post DNF reviews in this thread?

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Somehow I get the feeling that this will finally kill off my old pre-release thread.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Well, at least it's an honest review about your experience with the game. I disagree strongly with it since it's the game I've had the most fun with lately.

Speaking about the alien hive level with the women being raped, uhm, I never heard you complain about that being in Duke 3D, because the same thing happened there. Duke Forever is just more graphic about it.

It's not a joke, it's not meant to be funny, it's meant to be the very reason Duke hates the aliens and it's supposed to make you hate the aliens, not the game itself. Even if the game has a loose tone and is very humorous, that part is not meant to be a joke. So I felt you just didn't get most of the game, maybe mostly because your distaste for it made you very focused on pointing out bad things about it.

The driving controls, albeit a bit stiff, didn't ruin the game for me really, and the graphics are very tolerable to me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I cant really review the game since i havent played it,so instead of going with the flow and trolling the forum with a bad review of a game i havent even played, just like BTGBullseye did with my TF2 Forum a few monts ago :evil: , i just gonna post a funny review i saw other day:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/06/duke-nukem-forever-aj-review/

Still,is a kinda of a negative review, so... if you feel the need,look at the hamburglar puppies again

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

trolling the forum with a bad review of a game i havent even played, just like BTGBullseye did with my TF2 Forum a few monts ago :evil:

My review of TF2 hasn't changed, and I've played 48+ hours of it just to make sure it conforms to my previous views.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

so instead of going with the flow and trolling the forum with a bad review of a game i havent even played

Excuse me?

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

trolling the forum with a bad review of a game i havent even played, just like BTGBullseye did with my TF2 Forum a few monts ago :evil:

My review of TF2 hasn't changed, and I've played 48+ hours of it just to make sure it conforms to my previous views.

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME MR. PSYCHIC ,i should have been aware of your powers to foresee how much you will like a game without even playing it. :lol:

so instead of going with the flow and trolling the forum with a bad review of a game i havent even played

Excuse me?

Wasnt talkin about THIS forum, the flow i meant was more like the whole internet horde who talks shit about games they HAVENT EVEN PLAYED just because everyone else seems to be doing the same, if you played the game, no matter how negative your review is, your review is more than welcome to me.

Sorry for the mess if i offended you :oops:

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Wasnt talkin about THIS forum, the flow i meant was more like the whole internet horde who talks shit about games they HAVENT EVEN PLAYED just because everyone else seems to be doing the same, if you played the game, no matter how negative your review is, your review is more than welcome to me.

Sorry for the mess if i offended you :oops:

oh ha, I didn't figure you were directing it to me anyways. Eh, my opinion probably isn't going to be the favorite anyways, I'm probably the only person alive who didn't like Deus Ex.

I'm probably the only person alive who didn't like Deus Ex.

Which one of the 3, or is it all of them? And have you tried the 'leaked' beta? (the one that Square-Enix is enthusiastically accepting reviews of, despite it's "illegal" release)

Which one of the 3, or is it all of them? And have you tried the 'leaked' beta? (the one that Square-Enix is enthusiastically accepting reviews of, despite it's "illegal" release)

Of course they are accepting reviews. They would basically be beta reports.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

The first one. I haven't tried Invisible War or Human Revolution, but I do plan on trying Human Revolution sometime.

I haven't played it, but I get the feeling the people who liked it are looking at it from the perspective of the 90s, while people that disliked it are seeing how derivative it is of modern games, while bringing with it many outdated qualities.

I haven't played it, but I get the feeling the people who liked it are looking at it from the perspective of the 90s, while people that disliked it are seeing how derivative it is of modern games, while bringing with it many outdated qualities.

Even for the 90s I felt it was especially weak, seeing as System shock 2 was released a year earlier and had much deeper RPG elements.

The first one. I haven't tried Invisible War or Human Revolution, but I do plan on trying Human Revolution sometime.

Ah... I don't particularly care for the first one either, but I like IW, and absolutely LOVE the new one...

Let's get back on topic. I'd love to see more reviews that aren't all negative.

Yup... I'll do a review of my own once I finish playing the game.

Just one update on DX: HR, Squeenix has supposedly caught the people who leaked the media demo, 15 Italian nationals apparently. Here is the full story- http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/06/deus-ex-human-revolution-leak-suspects-sued-by-square-enix/

I don't see how the release caused damages, it made me pre-order instead of waiting and torrenting it.

Sorry, off-topic again... Should maybe move these over to a dedicated DX:HR thread.