Freemans mind mod

Sign in to follow this  

I wonder if Ross Scott will ever release a mod for making machinima for Half-Life:source, I want it to be true :(

I just... I don't even...

Not a lot of mod to it. He's got godmode on, HUD off, uses NoClip on occasion, and damage values are tweaked to make things die faster.

Using Hammer one could potentially edit the Half-Life Source levels so that they could be played like Freeman's Mind. However that would cause cutting out large parts of levels that were designed to be free to explore, as well as making the game unchallenging.

An example of this is where he does a 'pullup' in the giant generator piston room, one could put an invisible ladder brush and node network there. But in order to make full advantage of that, you'd have to know about it in advance, and it would entirely bypass a fairly enjoyable platforming section.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Are you talking about a mod that would add things like Ross doing the Freeman's Mind monologue during the game? If so, there are so many reasons as to why that wouldn't work. If you're just talking about a mod that changes the damage etc. you can just use the developer console anyway.

actually, that would be workable... like Dear Esther, where soundclips are triggered upon entering a certain area. Pretty easy to implement, with only the addition of a few trigger_once's and ambient_generics.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

I just do all that myself when I play, (in fact I cheat like that in almost every game I play :3) why does there need to be a mod for it? Are you really so lazy as to not want to have to cheat, or do you just not know how to use the developer's console?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

^ Use the console, as most of the commands can be easily found. I once set 9 mm bullet damage to 500 just for the heck of it. :twisted:

I like setting my crowbar damage as high as I can on HL2, it's hilarious watching the Combine go flying backwards with a hit from Gordon's all-powerful crowbar.

I like setting my crowbar damage as high as I can on HL2, it's hilarious watching the Combine go flying backwards with a hit from Gordon's all-powerful crowbar.

Try setting the physics response levels really high... 9mm bullet cause the combine to fly everywhere when it's set to 100.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, I used the console for most of the modding I actually was talking about the ladder "pull up" and others such as camera effects with water that I want to implement onto the game (and/or)engine. I have no expirence modding the game with any tools in mind. :( I do however take a like in downloading files and compiling (if I had my internet connection back alongside a new computer), but things can't be more worse in the reasl world for me to hope for the best. I know I shouldn't add my real life to the reply but I have to in order to make sence of my surounding. Luckily I am expecting a new computer for myself to use for gaming (gladly) If only this money that the government owes me comes in time.

[-NZ ZZ TOP - ZZ CAT-]

Sheridanm962

Well, I used the console for most of the modding I actually was talking about the ladder "pull up" and others such as camera effects with water that I want to implement onto the game (and/or)engine.

The 'pull up' is simply noclip. Just set the noclip settings to really slow, and that's it.

The underwater blur is an effect added after the recording.

Unless there is a way to add the underwater blurring effect in the game itself instead of a last minute edit, but I know that's quite hard (considering my other post in the past @_@). As for noclip, what's the console command to make it slow or how do I decrease the speed of movement (as seen in FM)?

Any console commands you may share with me to help?

Unless there is a way to add the underwater blurring effect in the game itself instead of a last minute edit, but I know that's quite hard (considering my other post in the past @_@). As for noclip, what's the console command to make it slow or how do I decrease the speed of movement (as seen in FM)?

Simplest way is very complex. Complex way is far more complex. I'm not really into console command programming right at the moment, so just look up the commands on Google, and come up with the way yourself. It'll help you do stuff later on too.

I am interested in that as well. I didn't even think slowing noclip was possible. (I know in Half Life it's possible to slow noclip by just walking)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I found the command, it's sv_noclipspeed or something like that (or you can use this code:" find noclip " in console) without qoutes.

How did Ross get that blood effect in Episode 37, I'd goto the same place but no blood, then I noclip into the door behind it and theres the blood, no sounds of blood at all.

I was talking about bloodspray not being there when I'm near it (must be the distance settings) I really want to know how he compiles a map and maybe make a mod that REALLY makes it easier for fans to enjoy Machinima-like events.