Freeman's Mind - Future updates?

Sign in to follow this  

Has any thought been given to perhaps making longer individual episodes to make up for a longer production schedule? Generally speaking, it's usually quicker to do one twelve-minute project than two six-minute ones. I can't be the only one who finds it frustrating waiting ages for an episode and it's 'Gordon' bumbling around in circles trying to open locked doors, and then the episode ends six minutes later roughly two hundred feet from where it started.

I can't speak for certain on the development process of an FM episode, and I admit to being spoiled on the weekly updates, but I think I'd acquiesce to bi-weekly or longer updates if the episodes themselves were notably longer. It doesn't have to be 1:1, but if we're talking monthly updates, a single twenty-five minute episode might not be unreasonable (vs. say, four weeks of eight minute episodes).

We get a nice chunk of FM content, you trim what is effectively an entire week of production off, everyone wins. I just don't think I could stand another production pause (hopefully not as absurd as when The Tunnel brought FM to a halt for like, half a year) and then just get six minutes of actual content :(

So um. Yeah.

Well, right now he's at the "less action-oriented" part of the game, so there's not a lot going on.

I suppose we can't expect him to pump them out like an assembly line, but I definitely think they should be long enough to get him out of the current area quickly. Even on FM, that part of the game is boring.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Well, right now he's at the "less action-oriented" part of the game, so there's not a lot going on.

That's really all the more reason to have some longer episodes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He knows more or less what's been happening, but his perception of what happened and what he imagined earlier is a little mixed up.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

He doesn't cut the episodes at his will entirely, he waits for some kind of quiet and paused area to cut off. I wouldn't like Freeman's Mind to cut when Gordon is battling some HECUs :P

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Doesn't have to be, but it would be more akin to, for the month of July, having 35, 36, and 37 as one big episode.

Most of them aren't even really breaks, it's just Freeman 'needs a minute to think about this' as if he needs to process what the hell just happened.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Keeping up the momentum in the episode may also hurry up and get the series done before, you know, I die or something :P God knows if we ever wanted to see FM: HL2, the heat death of the universe would happen at this rate :D

HL2 should be done in a single run, so that as sleep deprivation and hunger sets in for Freeman, it will also set in for Ross and make it more realistic. (joking)

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Of course, first he'll need a PhD. in Theoretical Physics.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

i think ross also does it the way he does not only for freeman in universe and in character to have time to think about what just happened and ross finding good "jumping off points" as he calls them. i do belive he has commented in past updates about the writing for freemans mind being a more or less the longer and sometimes most difficult part of making an episode. for him to make longer episodes would also not just take longer production time as in filming and editing, but also longer for him to write the dialogue and record it. that may also cause the quality of his writing and jokes to suffer in 30 mins or so an episode than only having to write for 5-8 mins per episode.