Dead Island is:  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Island is:

• Shit. I'm Not Getting it.
    • Ok, I might get it.
    • Cool, It is on my wishlist.
    • Awesome, gonna pre order ASAP

Sign in to follow this  

The game looks so cool, and I was wondering what people thought about it, is anyone gonna get it?

Looks cool, need to see gameplay.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I might get it. I saw the gameplay at E3 and it didn't impress me much. But it does look like a decent stress relief.

Retired Forum Moderator

As pathetic it may seem to some, I will never buy or play this game. The infamous trailer of a young girl getting infected and then killing her parents still haunts me. It instantly convinced me that the game must be truly terrible if they need to attract buyers with a sick stunt like that.

As pathetic it may seem to some, I will never buy or play this game. The infamous trailer of a young girl getting infected and then killing her parents still haunts me. It instantly convinced me that the game must be truly terrible if they need to attract buyers with a sick stunt like that.

Most of the time: Realism = sick

They were going for realism.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think the point of the trailer being so sad and emotional (my eyes had a lil bit of tears in them at the end of the trailer) was to make people....ugh im short of words... It's like in a movie where something like in the trailer happens and everyone gets tied to the movie...they are moved by it (thats the word) And this usually makes people think about what the game would be like if a trailer reduced them to tears. The trailer was executed beautifully and the reverse timeline was really effective, but I must sorta agree with you on it being a stunt by involving the child. But yeah I loved that trailer, its about 40% of why I want the game.

Most of the time: Realism = sick

They were going for realism.

Agreed. It seems a bit over the top, but in the end it is just a realistic game.

Looks cool, need to see gameplay.

A bit late but heres some footage on the Xbox 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRo39P31I PC version will probably have better graphics :geek:

When I saw the cinematic teaser, I was hoping for a serious zombie thriller. Looks like even in the zombie over-saturated market, STILL no one will make a serious zombie game.

The concept intrigues me and I've seen a few videos. I might get it, but I'll almost certainly wait for some reviews before making a decision.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I still have to go trough Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2... and other 20 games :)

Might get it if happens to be good enough and I find it on a Crazy Steam Sale.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I'm going to get it.

I loves me some zombies.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

It fails to invoke eny interest in me at the moment due to there being so meany othere zombie games on the market. I would have jumped at it 4 years ago or so tough...

I'm getting it because it's not the generic "2-4 hardcore killers armed to the teeth plowing through a city" sort of game, from the looks of it. Many people oppose the trailer, but I think it adds to the realism of the plot. In a zombie apocalypse, a child is *not* going to survive unless he/she has been trained to use firearms/weapons and is very fit.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Check out the gameplay vids, it is 2-4 hardcore killers plowing through a city. Deep Silver have actually said the game isn't like the trailer, and from the weapons I've seen ( electrified machetes etc. ) it isn't going t be realistic either.

Check out the gameplay vids, it is 2-4 hardcore killers plowing through a city. Deep Silver have actually said the game isn't like the trailer, and from the weapons I've seen ( electrified machetes etc. ) it isn't going t be realistic either.

...Argument withdrawn.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

( electrified machetes etc. )

This makes me want to get it...

that zombie that looked awfully similair to a Boomer, it was even vomiting.

It wasn't vomiting, it was screaming. What you saw coming out was saliva...

Weapon models look to be on par with HL:S.