VAC banned

Sign in to follow this  

So a little while ago, i let my brother play on my account. He was gonna play Counter-strike source with some of his friends. Now of course, he downloads a cheat, and gets me VAC banned, well i wouldn't mind if it was only CSS because i rarely play it. But i get banned from ALL the source games?! "Who the fuck designed this?!" -Ross scott (obviously).

So now, i can't play Day of defeat: Source and insurgency, all because my brother cheated on Counter strike. Is there no way to get unbanned ? Ive send a message to steam and told them my situation (now of course i have responsibility for my account, can't argue with that), and asked if they could unban me. Wouldn't it be enough with banning me from CSS ? I don't get it....

"Life sucks sober!"

As long as you present them with enough evidence, it should be easily fixed. Otherwise you might be forced to create a new account.

Is there any game footage saved on my computer or something ? Or is the skype call saved anywhere ? Can i call someone and get this ?

"Life sucks sober!"

As long as you present them with enough evidence, it should be easily fixed. Otherwise you might be forced to create a new account.

Is there any game footage saved on my computer or something ? Or is the skype call saved anywhere ? Can i call someone and get this ?

Not that I know of. But you definitely need to somehow convince them that it was an accident.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Valve has a pretty strict policy about VAC bans and that is no returns (except for that MW2 incident). I seriously doubt you get any luck, contact GabeN personally to his e-mail adress : [email protected]. There are stories of people who wrote an e-mail to him and got amazing stuff, like donations or a kid who interviewed him for a school proyect.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

So a little while ago, i let my brother play on my account. He was gonna play Counter-strike source with some of his friends. Now of course, he downloads a cheat, and gets me VAC banned, well i wouldn't mind if it was only CSS because i rarely play it. But i get banned from ALL the source games?! "Who the fuck designed this?!" -Ross scott (obviously).

So now, i can't play Day of defeat: Source and insurgency, all because my brother cheated on Counter strike. Is there no way to get unbanned ? Ive send a message to steam and told them my situation (now of course i have responsibility for my account, can't argue with that), and asked if they could unban me. Wouldn't it be enough with banning me from CSS ? I don't get it....

To the best of my knowledge, VAC bans by engine. It's why you have to be especially careful with your account and who you share it with. Sorry. :(

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Valve has a pretty strict policy about VAC bans and that is no returns (except for that MW2 incident). I seriously doubt you get any luck, contact GabeN personally to his e-mail adress : [email protected]. There are stories of people who wrote an e-mail to him and got amazing stuff, like donations or a kid who interviewed him for a school proyect.

Wow.. Gabe Newell has hes e-mail out like that ? Cool im gonna try it, thank you very much!

"Life sucks sober!"

Wow.. Gabe Newell has hes e-mail out like that ? Cool im gonna try it, thank you very much!

Yep, in the start of each Valve game's commentary, he mentions that you can contact him there.

As for your Vac problem, if that doesn't work, you should make a new account and force your brother to pay for your games.

Yep, in the start of each Valve game's commentary, he mentions that you can contact him there.

As for your Vac problem, if that doesn't work, you should make a new account and force your brother to pay for your games.

Yep, that's only fair imo.

Yeah, it just goes to show how Gabe backs up what he makes. It's a sign of a good developer if you ask me. Anyways, that sucks man and I hope it all works out for you.

Hi Friend.

Yeah your brother should pay you everything back.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

The problem is that he is only 12 and my games was valued for about 200 dollars... And since we live in Sweden, its even more expensive, so its gonna take him a while to get all the money.

Im still waiting for an answer from Gabe Newell, so ill just cross my fingers and hope i guess.

"Life sucks sober!"

The problem is that he is only 12 and my games was valued for about 200 dollars... And since we live in Sweden, its even more expensive, so its gonna take him a while to get all the money.

Im still waiting for an answer from Gabe Newell, so ill just cross my fingers and hope i guess.

To be fair, if he's only 12, then you should've watched him and been more responsible as his older brother.

But since the damage is done, maybe you have to just buy each game over again over a stretch of time.

To be fair, if he's only 12, then you should've watched him and been more responsible as his older brother.

But since the damage is done, maybe you have to just buy each game over again over a stretch of time.

The thing is, he has played LOTS of times before (not on my steam but my ps3 and stuff). He has built up a lot of confidence. I do see your point though...

"Life sucks sober!"

Totally off topic, but gabe's email has always been funny to me in an immature way. It's pronounced Gay Ben. Heehee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tsHkpesBdY

I think that's one of the reasons he started Portal 2 off by spelling out his email address, that, and I'm sure a lot of people e-mail [email protected].

But anyway, I wouldn't count on your account being unbanned, people get banned all the time and resort to e-mailing him, but nothing ever happens.

Sorry, but I think that you're out of luck. You assume responsibility for all activities on your account, I'd assume.

This is exactly the reason I don't let others play on my account.