Los Angeles

Sign in to follow this  

Hey Ross,

Good to hear that you are at least moved it and started with that process, I know what a pain it can be! I'm also glad to hear that "things you've learned" haha I can relate to some of those after visiting LA! Ha ha.

Anyway, good luck with the episodes and good luck finishing moving in and getting set up for work.

And hey if you get picked up by Valve, they're just up in Seattle so it wouldn't be a big move after this one

Well take your time. im already glad to see a post after two weeks, wich seemed to be two years!

hey ross, no rush on future freemans mind episodes take ur time moving can be a pain sometimes lol.

Great to see you've moved without major incident and have started to find out some things about your new home. Hope your nice and settled in soon.

Glad to hear you made it to Los Angeles Ross ]

Good to hear that the moving process is going good.. Take your time with the series, it will take a while to get used to L.A.

Good luck with the rest of the moving

Hey Im glad to hear you moved there safly, and I hope the transition isn't to stressful. I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to any video's you make coz they always make me laugh =) I espically like Freemans mind, you've made me want to play the first half life but i cant find it anywhere =( Anyway the best of luck to you and have alot of fun at Machima!

Hey everyone, no new videos I'm afraid, but here's a news update. I've successfully relocated to Los Angeles, it's about what I expected. Machinima had several new hires besides me and wasn't fully prepared for everyone, so I haven't really had a computer to work on for the past 2 weeks. My own computer arrived from moving a couple days ago, so I can at least resume working on some things. I still don't have a place to record audio however, so for now this means no new videos that requires me to voice act. In light of that, I'm focusing on the pilot episode I mentioned (where I won't be a voice actor) and a partially completed Civil Protection episode where my dialogue was already recorded a long time ago. I'm sure the audio situation will get resolved eventually, everyone seems interested in me continuing Freeman's Mind especially. In the meantime, here are some things I've learned about LA that I didn't already know:

-Cars actually yield the right of way to pedestrians here. This is a very alien concept to me.

-I'm honestly amazed Taco Bell can survive out here in light of the competition.

-There seems to be an unspoken stigma here against people who ride the bus. Lucky for me, I don't care.

-An old Indian name for Los Angeles translates to "the valley of smoke." I consider this more accurate than "the city of angels"

-It's easy to see why there were power shortages here a few years ago when many power lines buzz erratically so loud I'm expecting sparks to be shooting out from them.

-I'm starting to see why some art directors for videogames consider making everything look brown to be realistic.

Glad to hear you're back in action! I hope you like it in Los Angeles. And uh, I hope you don't get raped?

Yay, youre not dead!!!!:) Good luck in the big city there and the new job. I dunno much stuff about LA (I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Go Blue!), so I sadly don't have any tips. Except to always be REALLY good at driving. Snag lanes, watch out for drunks, expect parking lots and aggressive drivers (they usually drive sports or modified cars), and always be cautious. Vacationed there and the highway drivers are mostly Insanely fast.

It's good that you didn't have any major problems with moving to LA. Don't worry about uploading the episode, we can wait for them . So take care Ross

Hey Ross,

Try using the internet Skype or ask the old voice actors to buy their own audio recorder and record for you. Or Skype might just work. You'll have to stand the lag for word chats.

Btw, I hope you don't get bored.

Good luck in Los Angeles. Hope you get the audio thing fixed.

No rush, though.

Good luck in LA, Ross. I can wait for new episodes, it's no big deal, especially considering my small bandwidth limit .

Glad to hear to arrived safely! Can't wait for this mysterious pilot episode you've been telling us about. Good luck!

Hey Ross. Glad to hear you made it okay. While you're in LA you need to go to Del Taco and get a quesadilla. They're mm mm cheesy. Lotta grease though.. Anyway, I used to live up near LA so if you need any good places to eat/shop just lemme know.