several news updates

Sign in to follow this  

What Program are you using for the visual recording and how did you get rid of the Hud? Though probably it's something simple and I missed that.

If I can find my copy of the HL 1 Anthology I might do this for Opposing Force.

Thank You Ross! These updates were more than enough to satisfy my curiosity as to what was happening! If you've been reading the comments under the last update, you almost lost some of your fans because of this time gap (but not me!). Can't wait for more episodes of, well...EVERYTHING!

FINALLY! You're not dead! The lack of capitalized letters in the title bothers me, though. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Great Ross, Keep up and please don`t say "..May not" because You HAVe to continue the series, you are the only funny guy that can make gordon freemans voice, so please, please, please, continue with Half life 2, YOU ROCK!

Sucks about the sound recording, you could always convince your boss/es to soundproof a cupboard for relativity cheap.

Looking forward to the next episode/s!

Well I've got some more news on several items:

FREEMAN'S MIND:

A new episode should be coming out before too long, but progress has been extremely slow. While I was told there would be audio recording accommodations before I accepted the job, they have been very sketchy. I had to record episode 15 sandwiched between 2 offices where other people are working and making noise, much of it carries through the walls, plus there's a smaller echo in the room, and I'm next to a busy hard tile hallway that can pick up noise from halfway across the building. Recording at home is no longer an option, so as a result, I've had to work during off hours at the office in order to record. Even then, the cleaning crew makes a lot of noise, so I can't reliably record anything until after about 9pm when things tend to remain quiet. Machinima has plans to relocate several of the offices soon, so I'm hoping the recording situation gets resolved.

CIVIL PROTECTION AND PILOT EPISODE:

I'm continuing to work on both of these and hope to have the next CP episode out sometime in October.

MISSING DOWNLOADS:

Several of the downloadable copies of the videos keep getting deleted at random from the Machinima servers. No one has been able to give me a clear answer as to why this keeps happening and from what I can tell, restoring these only to have them get deleted again is going to be a losing battle. The good news is, the host for this website (AMT Studios) says they have tons of bandwidth, so hosting new videos here shouldn't be a problem. I've since restored the links for Freeman's Mind episodes 5,6, and 8, and Civil Protection: Halloween Safety. I'll replace more links as they become a problem or I get around to it.

- - - -

Also I've been trying to get this information added for almost 2 weeks, but I think the people working on the website are having problems with it, so I'm just going to post the information here until it's officially part of the site:

SUBTITLES:

I'm no longer accepting new subtitles at this time. I plan to again at some point in the future, but I'm so far behind on updating the existing ones, piling on more is just going to overwhelm me. I still intend to support as many as I can, but I simply need to catch up on what people have already submitted first.

FAQ UPDATE:

I've been emailed these particular questions many times now, here are the answers for everyone:

Q. How do you do pullups in Freeman's Mind?

A. I have cheats enabled and have "noclip" mode assigned to a hotkey.

Q. How do you put away your weapon in Freeman's Mind?

A. Originally I was switching to another weapon covered with invisible textures, but since then, one viewer has informed me of the command "impulse 200", which can put away the weapon.

Q. Can I have your permission to do a new series in the Freeman's Mind format for another game?

A. You don't need my permission to do this. I'm not the first person to come up with the idea of putting words in other character's mouths. I don't plan on doing another show in the

Thanks for the response,every 25 minutes or less someone calls and I hear "Fat people not good,fat people not good" Lol.If I were you i'll be expecting that kind of problems...Well,glad to know you're still alive and new episodes are coming soon.You didn't expect FM to come this popular,I can imagine you're boss pissed off screaming "CMON Ross I WANT TO SEE FREEMAN BLOWING UP A TANK OR KILLING A SHARK OR AT LEAST THROWING A GRENADE"

Yeah,We're still waiting our confirmation that you recieved our Spanish subtitles files of FM 10 and 10.5.Take your time and enjoy you're new job.Take care of swine flu.

Ross,do you like sushi?

Comon ross, you cant do that to me, do you have any idea how much hard work those subtitles costed me? And you dont even want them Cant somebody else put them on web?

Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the noisy office... Anyways, I'm looking forward to that Freeman's Mind episode.

Peace out and the very best of luck on your work.

Wohoo your back! I was hoping for some episode but an update is good enough for me! I hope its gona get all better for you as soon as possible

Someone is already doing the oposing force and even blueshift altho the blueshift really sucked from what I saw so far.

OF was ok tho.

Hey Ross

Thanks for updating us I've been checking this site every day.

Sorry to hear about the sound booth.

Anyway good luck and I hope you get a raise.

Hey Ross, glad to hear from you! Seriously, don't listen to all those cry baby's saying it's taking too long to update or they hate you or it's the end of the world because you haven't posted, what a bunch of sissies!

Pity about the office being so noisy though, my office has these small speakers all over the place for "white noise" it's practically inaudible unless you specifically know to listen for it, but it completely deadens out 90% of the noise in the office..from what I gather it cost a pretty penny though...probably cheaper than soundproofing rooms though (unless of course they're going to get insane mileage out of said room).

At any rate keep up the hard work! I just helped my sister move into a new house which was a ton of work...and it wasn't even me moving, so I can only image how busy you must be! Anyway, good luck with future episodes and your job in general, we'll all be waiting with our breath held ... (except all the people who said their world ended without your updates and slit their wrists). Don't get me wrong, you make me laugh like hell and I hope you keep making these movies for a while to come...but I got other things to do in real life beyond checking your website too (take a hint people, get off his back... or better yet, YOU try his job!)

hehe SUE THEIR ASS! HAHA, just joking.

Is machinima THAT big(as in the entire building block)? If it is, why are there just 2 recording rooms. That's just....weird....

Thanks for the updates! We all know and respect that you need your time

As I've already written, Czech subtitles for the whole Freeman's Mind series are ready, but there's no need to hurry. Just let us know when you'll be accepting subtitles again and I'll send you the whole package with the latest tiny corrections in it, so you'll never have to update it again. As for now, YouTube doesn't seem to have problems hosting the duplicate videos, so Czech folks can still view it and have a good laugh at your masterpiece of voiceover comedy

Sorry that Machinima.com isn't as they promised. That's sort of why I decided to stay away from them even with the whole YouTube channel thing. Plus I don't like having deadlines for something I'm passionate about.

Hopefully they'll be less dicks as you get to know them, but that's still a long time for them to leave you hanging.

You know what's funny? Now when I read your news posts I hear it in your voice, lol! Too much Freeman's Mind for me.

Muzt4nG: No, I hate anything with vinegar in it.

Subtitle guy: You can go ahead and send me the files you created, HOWEVER, if you sent them to me and I didn't reply saying to go ahead, you run the risk of someone already creating those subtitles before you did. This is why I say not to create them before checking with me first in the subtitle section. It's also why I really need to catch up. I have about 150 emails related to subtitles that I need to respond to.

gregorzoobs: This may change soon, but at the moment we currently have 0 rooms dedicated to recording. People generall just do it in their own office space and hope there's not too much background noise.

beret: Fine, you can go ahead and send them, but be aware, someone else who contacted me before you may have also sent me some, I need to go through everything

Katana: Yeah, what I don't like is trying to impose deadlines without giving me the resources I said I would need before I even accepted the job. For what it's worth, they're not obnoxious, it's more like they operate on wishful thinking.

Hey Ross, If you want I can help you upload your episodes on some other sites if you want

Dunno about filefront or so

I still have all episodes on my computer, that is CP and FM.

p.s you rock