Gender Identity

Sign in to follow this  

well my gender identity is straight forward; i feel like a guy, i look like a guy. it's pretty rare that i exhibit female characteristics..kinda sorta maybe not really depends...so i establish myself being referred to as a male.

...I like to skip?

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

When it comes to the topic of gender identity, everyone has his or her own take. Each person sees the world differently because they have experienced different events and situations throughout their life. This is why there are so many avenues to look at when addressing gender identity. There are theories on when and how we develop our distinct gender identities and how it shapes our roles within our own gender, or how our gender roles shape our gender identity. One issue that comes to mind is the controversy over homosexual and transsexual people. Do people chose their sexual orientation or which gender they identify with? This allegation, of course, is ridiculous. But until the religious-conservatives realise that being gay or transsexual is biological and not a choice, this controversy will not be solved. Nature v. nurture is another way to think of this controversy. Does the chicken come from the egg or does the egg come from the chicken?

I have done a research on this and I have put everything in my essay on gender identity. Its an entertaining subject but it includes many fact and truth of nature.

There are three separate aspects of sexuality: sexual orientation, sexual identity, and sexual behaviour. These characteristics are not interchangeable, and treating behavior and self-identification as equivalent to orientation is a mistake. Sexual behaviour, being voluntary, is obviously a choice. Gay people having been in prior relationships with opposite-sex partners does not mean that they are actually any less gay, or that they weren't gay before.

Sexual identity does not always correlate with sexual orientation. Gay people may identify as straight earlier in their lives prior to coming out, or later in their lives without ever coming out, but this doesn't mean they're not gay. People who are to some degree bisexual may identify as gay or straight for personal reasons, or because they feel it describes them more accurately. But however they identify, this doesn't alter their sexual orientation.

So we know that identity and behavior are choices, but what about orientation? This is the question that people are fighting over. Calling sexual orientation mutable is simply not correct, yet calling it immutable would also not be correct. But when the only other possibilities are falsely regarding everyone's orientation as mutable when it most commonly is not, or instituting an unprecedented and impractical system of distinguishing between people whose orientation is stable or unstable, the best and most viable option would be to treat sexual orientation as an immutable characteristic in practice. This recognizes the fact that orientation is most often an unchanging feature, and rarely is it under voluntary control. Anything less would be contrary to fact, inconsistent in its treatment of individuals, and would impose an undue burden upon people by requiring that they alter their sexual orientation in order to enjoy the same rights as everyone else. For the purposes of law, the most realistic choice is that being gay is really no choice at all

There are two people inside my female body: one is artistic/patriotic gay geek and the second one is a wild australian sea pirate.

Both of them have an amnesia

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

My brain is telling me I'm a man, and my penis agrees. What does this mean?

it means, in general: you don't like chick flicks, think feelings are gay, football is amazing, breast are amazing. *breath* don't really listen to women's problems, you don't look at explosions, will not listen to "girly music" in certain companies, give a shit about how big your biceps are.

...likes t.v, works for a living, and wants too, putting jeans and a t-shirt on is your version of getting dressed in the morning.

Bill already answered my gender identity problem for me.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I know I'm going to either be digging my grave or stirring up a storm, but aren't there tertiary characteristics of one gender vs. another besides subjective interests?

Not all men like explosions, I don't care for football, etc.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

i jump rope sometimes. :lol:

Srake's asshole-ness aside it doesn't appear that anyone is interested in this thread, well mostly because it's been discussed in the other thread.

Wait what? I just noticed this... I wasn't lying! I do enjoy skipping!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Besides physical traits?

If I had meant physical traits, I would have said so.

There are obvious things like the wide range of features that humans have in their sexual dimorphism that we could talk about. But we are forgoing those of "Physical nature" for "Idenity".

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I also enjoy skipping..... Does that make me a shemale or am I still considered a pseudo man?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Isn't that where Christian Bale plays a guy who acts like a woman?????

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."