Poll: Who thinks Ross should continue FM through Half-Life 2

Should Ross Scott continue FM through HL 2?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ross Scott continue FM through HL 2?

• yes
    • no
    • i don't really care

FM is Ross' main successful series, probably bringing in the most of his fanbase.

I have no doubt in my mind that once he finishes FM, he will lose out on a sizable number of viewers, unless he starts working on another fast-release series. He can't maintain his popularity with huge Civil Protection sized projects alone.

And what better than continuing FM with Half Life 2?

Yeah! Yeah!

Ross's fanbase probably IS all based off of Freeman's Mind.

Let's hope he does continue! :D

I'd love for FM to continue through HL2. Seems like that's still a long way off though.

Never heard of the cinematic mod before. Just did a google image search... Wow, I'm not sure the guys who made that actually understand why Alex is so popular. Yeah she's supposed to be fit and attractive, but in a down-to-earth tomboyish sort of way, not in an FHM pinup model way. The whole reason she gets all the attention she does is because Valve really succeeded in making her that attractive while avoiding the over-polished pinup model look. Background characters kinda remind me of how Halo 3 thought that increased detail automatically meant increased realism regardless of execution, and ended up actually making the human faced characters look blobbier and less lifelike than their low res predecessors.

Maybe he eats some bad mushrooms at one point and begins to "trip", seeing Alyx as her Cinematic Mod form...before shaking his head vigorously or something reverting back to regular. ;)

...eats some bad mushrooms Doritos at one point...

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Maybe he eats some bad mushrooms at one point and begins to "trip", seeing Alyx as her Cinematic Mod form...before shaking his head vigorously or something reverting back to regular. ;)

...eats some bad mushrooms Doritos at one point...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No matter how weird and crazy videos he makes, he never eats mushrooms or smokes anything before starting a job :ugeek:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Alyx Vance is one of those characters that feel real because she really looks like a real person would. She's not really the typical eyecandy female sidekick.

Exactly. Tweak her into a Maxim model, and you lose the very thing that made her cool and unique in the fist place. That's what the cinematic mod appears to do.

All hype aside, she doesn't really get much character development. Most of what people think they know about her as a person is inferred, so a shift in her appearance alone can actually drastically change her character.