Stunning Freeman's portrait on Deviantart.... OMGOMGOMG

Sign in to follow this  

When I saw that piece of art.... I was speechless!

This is our Freeman!

:shock: Freeman :shock:

He's like: Yeah, I don't give a fuck! Any more questions or you want to talk with the crowbar?

:mrgreen: The details, brush, colouring and Freeman's look! Perfect! :mrgreen:

It left my mind drooling

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Well his expression at least. But he seems a little too young looking. I don't know how exactly, it's just the way he drew his face.

I'm year older than Freeman ;) and I look pretty young. You can't say if he looks too old or to young. I think his face is perfect. It doesn't give me impression of a teenager of early twenties at all.

Of course it's a question ofsomeone's taste as well.... YEAH!

Oh! And it's not "he" but "she" who drew his face.... Why we assume everything what's bestest comes from men? :P:P:P

Well his expression at least. But he seems a little too young looking. I don't know how exactly, it's just the way he drew his face.

I agree; it's a beautiful rendition, but Freeman does seem to look quite young. Perhaps if the artist added in some creases on the brow.

But otherwise it's a stunning piece of work.

I agree; it's a beautiful rendition, but Freeman does seem to look quite young. Perhaps if the artist added in some creases on the brow.

But otherwise it's a stunning piece of work.

How old he looks than on this piece of artwork? :P Let's vote!

For me it's 27-29 :P

I'm year older than Freeman ;) and I look pretty young. You can't say if he looks too old or to young. I think his face is perfect. It doesn't give me impression of a teenager of early twenties at all.

Of course it's a question ofsomeone's taste as well.... YEAH!

Oh! And it's not "he" but "she" who drew his face.... Why we assume everything what's bestest comes from men? :P:P:P

It's just, compare this face to his face in HL2. In HL2 he looks older, actually he looks around 30 something, even older looking in the original HL art. This picture also looks VERY subtly anime inspired, probably why he looks younger. Actually, this might work better for Felix Freeman, Gordon's alternate universe younger twin brother.

Also, I said 'he' because that's kind of a default choice when you're too lazy to look it up. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm 28 now so I know how 27yr old person should look like! :P

I have to be honest, my first thought was that that picture was pretty... gay.

Yes, gay. The tousled hair, the emo glasses, the little look in his eye and just a forced-looking frown.

Don't get me wrong it's absolutely excellent looking, but man does that make me feel sexually insecure... :D

I'm 28 now so I know how 27yr old person should look like! :P

That doesn't really have anything to do with it. lol When one of my cousins was was 28 he looked almost like a freaking 40 year old man. I am not even kidding. And anyway, I'm basing him off of HL2's artwork. He just looks older there, that's all. The expression makes a little bit of sense too, but I wouldn't call this a very 'Freeman's Mind'-ish picture. This seems more like a 'serious' take on Half Life 2, showing Gordon getting tired with constantly fighting, but not in a very 'Fuck this." way, though you are right about the whole `Don't mess with me' feel. Maybe a picture of him screaming at grunts would make more sense. XD

I Seem to have an addiction to all this HL fan art at the moment. And I agree, he does look a little young and a bit dissimilar to that of the HL2 Freeman (Considering there is no ageing between both games on Freeman's behalf). It's a great piece of art and I give the artist plenty of hugs, but a little more study on Freeman's character and physical appearance will go a long way.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Too young and gay.... People don't appreciate good art when thay see one! :P

I for one quite like this painting. I love the rough look of speed painting styles, and while I am critical on details I feel that not EVERYTHING has to be true to the facts. Sure he looks a little young in comparison to the HL2 art, but who cares? IT'S ART!

Retired Forum Moderator

For me this picture is a revelation of Ross' Freeman :D

Can't get why he looks too young or gay or maybe something whatever.

He's bitter, tired, shot, looking brave, determined and this eyes are amazing. Eyes like he's a living person that's not supposed to be there, dealing with all this stuff. Raw, wry face. Couldn't except more...

I have great respect for this artist, especially as I've seen her other works as well!

you guys do realize that Gordon Freeman is in his 20's i beleive when i looked in the game manual that it said gordon freeman was exactly 27 so this guy got the age perfect. Also you guys are being to over critical of this guys art its great art of gordon even if it looks too young or too gay its great art and we should appreciate it not condem it.

I was not 'condeming' it. It is VERY good art, it just doesn't have this 'Freeman's Mind' vibe I was expecting. It's more gritty and sad then crazy and tired.

I think it's a great picture in it's own right, but I don't feel much like it's an image of Ross' Freeman. He's a blank slate and that artist has an interpretation of the character, but I don't see much "Party! Party!" in that version of the character's eyes.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

I was not 'condeming' it. It is VERY good art, it just doesn't have this 'Freeman's Mind' vibe I was expecting. It's more gritty and sad then crazy and tired.

Wait untill the end of the "game" :P