DJ Quail - Anger (Experimental Dubstep Production)

Sign in to follow this  

I was lazy of this one, don't expect too much, the whole initial reason behind this was to show my friend I can produce Dubstep, obviously don't mind the bad Dubstep percussion, it's because I usually produce trance, house, techno, and don't have much experience for dubstep.

So, think of this one as, just for giggles and rough melodies.

Anyways, hopefully you like it. I might remix some of the harmony as it is offtone in certain areas (Break for example and at the end) ... buuuuuut that's later. ;).

Any feedback appreciated,

Next up, hopefully a contract for an underground trance track I am producing right now :D

Here it is: http://www.4shared.com/audio/LlsHE9Nm/DJ_Quail_-_Anger.html

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I think it's okay.. but it also sounds like it could use more work. It's not a song that I think is good as it is. Or at least it's not melodic enough to make me want to listen to it again later. That midline scratchy wobble thing you have going from 0:18 is what makes it both interesting and yet also mediocre at the same time. It starts out pretty good and I like the idea you have with the bassline. But like I said, that wobbly scratchy thing you've got going on. I don't know, it doesn't do it for me. Maybe increase the quality of the sound overall?

Username, it's easy to hate dubstep. Especially in the last year or so. People have jumped on this misconception that dubstep is anything with a wobble to it. Or anything that sounds like a transformer orgy, so that people can call it dirty or whatever. Dubstep is nothing more than remixed house/electro with a prominent bassline. Often with syncopation. That's basically it. you can use whatever style of bass you damn well please.

Just look at Benga - Duel. there's no wobble there. And he's practically at the origins of Dubstep.

Dubstep is SUPPOSED TO take the breakbeats basslines and put them in a house, garage, whatever format.

Hi Friend.

The transition at 1:17 - 1:18 didn't flow very good, but overall I liked the song.

Username..

haters_gonna_hate.gif

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Ok, thanks guys, basically the feedback is as I expected.

Sorry if I taunted you with that track, made you feel like you heard good things but they weren't enough. I know what you mean by that, I have the same feeling about this song :). To come to the truth, currently I have not one dubstep track on my mp3 :P, and as I said, this was to prove I could technically create a dubstep track but it somehow got offtrack (I got too addicted to the same melody) and I was to lazy to fix it so this is what you got.

Yes I know the transition wasn't as good as I planned, sorry about that too.

WONSoul: "Increase the quality of the sound overall?" I'm interested in listening to what you mean by that here.

Also I kind off thought 1:48 was actually the best part of th track, some tricky bass modulation and pad equalization and melody which I liked. :).

Anyways, I think I might be able to fix this track's "test of time" value and make re-listenable. For example I can make the begining melody shorter and add other elements of percussion which are oviously much needed.

Thanks again for the reviews so far.

As to dubstep's bass being shit and wobbly all the time, I think this track is pretty good and proves otherwise. It's all about how you use it.

http://hulkshare.com/exssmul8avnd

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

What's your favourite genre and how many tracks do you have?

What do you consider classic rock then, or could you list a favourite "sub genre".... and I asked on your mp3 or wherever not just on the computer...

anyways:

Rainer Weichhold started djing a long time ago in the late 80ies with an eclectic mixture of Funk, Hip Hop and Indie. First he was a true hater of everything techno and house, which only changed when he had his enlightenment listening to the sets of Alex From Tokyo during Rainer’s stay in France 1993. Alex showed him how house music can be soulful and made him discover the world of Masters At Work and their NY sound. 1993 was also the year Rainer met and enjoyed Daft Punk for the first time, which obviously also helped him to get into that sound. These days Rainer Weichhold plays two resident clubs and is touring all over Europe with his brilliant mixture of house, tech house and selected classics. And be aware, his sets are rocking and making every dancefloor explode. So many years of experience can’t go wrong. But that’s not everything as Rainer Weichhold is also the A&R of the German label Great Stuff Records where he discovered artists like Gregor Tresher, Butch, Ramon Tapia, Lützenkirchen and many more. The label quickly gained massive respect and plays by the first league of the world’s biggest djs. Since beginning of 2010 Rainer also manages the label Kling Klong records together with his friend Martin Eyerer. Social Network: www.facebook.com/RainerWeichholdrox

There is good dubstep...... but not any that I listen to on my mp3 walker :D

WONSoul: "Increase the quality of the sound overall?" I'm interested in listening to what you mean by that here.

The quality of the samples doesn't sound very crisp. I like the beginning but after 0:18 there's too much distortion and echo for my tastes. It might also just be the player that degrades the quality, like how youtube does. I don't know. I think the song might sound better if it didn't have as much scratchy distortion to it.

Why do you think those are samples mate? All of the sounds are hand made. Why would anybody use melodic samples anyway if they are not remixing.

It is impossible to make those sounds any more crisper then they are, after 0:18 I have a beat and two mid and low basses and one Saw lead going on with notes colliding with each other.

I could have reduced the reveerb and delays, decays, etc. but they are already pretty low, you can notice that at 1:48 when the lead stops abruptly there is not much delay at all.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Why do you think those are samples mate? All of the sounds are hand made. Why would anybody use melodic samples anyway if they are not remixing.

It is impossible to make those sounds any more crisper then they are, after 0:18 I have a beat and two mid and low basses and one Saw lead going on with notes colliding with each other.

I could have reduced the reveerb and delays, decays, etc. but they are already pretty low, you can notice that at 1:48 when the lead stops abruptly there is not much delay at all.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I thought you were remixing. my bad.