Serious Sam 3 BFE

Anyway, I'm excited for BFE. I can't wait to play more Serious Sam, seeing as how the series' most recent games were just remakes.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman

I don't think it matters who's better of them. I love both the Duke Nukem franchise and the Serious Sam games.

Deus Ex beats both though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well let's just say Human Revolution has comparatively more going for it than DNF did and leave it at that.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Why are you guys saying this or that game is better than a game you haven't even played?

SS3 BFE is hard. I have been beta testing it for a week or so and I feel most competent on Easy while I played the others on Normal or Hard without too many problems.

The sights, sprinting and reloading don't really damage the Sam feel for me. Croteam don't see that as an excuse to throw less enemies at you. In fact, now that you can run slightly faster than the kamikaze when sprinting it is an excuse to throw more of them at you at a time (But they are never far behind when you are sprinting from them, so be quick when you turn around.). Reloading adds a new level of strategic thinking where you have to decide whether to reload your weapon or switch to another one during battle. I have not really used the iron sights much but they are about as unrealistic as they can get, and that fits the game well. By the way, so far only the pistol and AR can be iron sighted as far as I know. You reload the pistol, AR and shotgun but the other weapons either auto-reload or don't need it at all.

We have only had access to 3 of the 12 levels so far but I feel the difficulty balancing and item placement needs a lot of work, but Croteam got 1.5 months to make things right, plus they'll be releasing many patches just like they did for the SS HDs. In a situation where both the developer and publisher are equally crazy, only good things can happen, and I guess many of you are familiar with Devolver's financial manager Fork Parker. In fact he'll be a multiplayer model in the game:

Serious-Sam-3-Fork-Parker-1-280x210.jpg

(This is a pre-order bonus but I think he will be available to everyone some time after release.)

For those who are interested, you can pre-order SS3 Serious Edition with lots of goodies (Like a making of video, soundtrack (possibly in lossless quality), etc.) for just $39.99 if you already have one of the former games tied to your Steam account. A total of 20% discount in other words. I believe that discount also applies to the standard edition if you're not interested in the extra stuff. Since I am a fan of 10 years the pre-order of the Serious Edition was a sure thing.

(If you are being discriminated by Steam and have to put up with $=€, ask someone in a US dollar region to gift it to you and then pay him/her back via PayPal.)

Heard the theme song for the first time a few days ago. Instantly got me interested in the game through the sheer parody yet seriousness of it. The $40 price tag certainly helped the game's case.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.