To remake or not to remake?

Sign in to follow this  

I want a remake of Morrowind with better combat (none of that dice roll BS), better graphics (obviously) and voice acting.

1. What dice roll BS? (ranged combat really does need a revamp though)

2. Get the Morrowind 2011 mod pack.

3. There was plenty of voice acting.

1. Combat in Morrowind was based on dice rolls, every time you attacked it did a dice roll to determine whether or not you'd hit the enemy.

2. Doesn't stop the game being as blocky as lego.

3. No there wasn't, people didn't talk to you when you talked to them. They'd occasionally say "Hello outsider" every so often.

3. No there wasn't, people didn't talk to you when you talked to them. They'd occasionally say "Hello outsider" every so often.

So? You didn't have that horrible 4 voice actors from Oblivion.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

PRAISE AZURA

PR-

PRAISE AZ-

PRAISE AZURA

PRAIS-

PRAISE AZURA

PRAISE AZURA

PR-

PRAISE AZ-

PRAISE AZURA

PRAIS-

PRAISE AZURA

PATROLLING THE MOJAVE ALMOST MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

there's SO MUCH dialog in morrowind, they'd have to cut the vast majority to fit any voice acting in and that, in my opinion, would ruin the feel of the game.

Besides, for most people, morrowind isn't about gameplay, it's more of a really amazing interactive book.

I actually really liked what you COULD do when you weren't in a vehicle in Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Just use the same engine, and I think a Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie remake could be pretty awesome. It's completely unnecessary but one can dream...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

morrowind isn't about gameplay, it's more of a really amazing interactive book.

If I want a story I'll read a book, the best game stories I've played through would be mediocre at best if they were a novel. It's a game, the one thing it needs is good gameplay.

Actually, apart from the Dark Elf. The voice actors for the different species are the exact same people :|

It's a game, the one thing it needs is good gameplay.

That i disagree with, in my opinion a game needs more than just good gameplay. It depends on the game of course. Minecraft for example relies solely on gameplay, while a game like Bioshock(its my favorite game, I'm gonna keep mentioning it, deal with it) has more to offer than just good gameplay(great story and setting, good/fitting art design as well as decent graphics.).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You just proved my point. Minecraft is a great game, what makes it amazing? Great gameplay. You can remove every single other thing you mentioned and it's a good game.

Now imagine Bioshock with "great story and setting, good/fitting art design as well as decent graphics" except it controls like a 90's FPS and you get to use a wrench throughout the whole game. Wouldn't you get bored? Sure a good story and unique artistic style contribute to making the game great, but it doesn't matter if your interface with that game is incredibly bad.

First of all, yeah i said it depends on the game and took Minecraft as an example for game that relies on gameplay.

And no. I would not necessarily get bored. To me i "rate" games on 3 major aspects; Gameplay, Plot/story and Graphics(this includes stuff like art design). And to me those are all equally important.

But is there really a game that masters them all? No. But that doesn't matter there aren't amazing games out there. Some games shine in one of those aspects but are just bad at the others.

So to me, if a game has great gameplay but mediocre/bad GFX and story, it isn't a bad game. If a game has great story but bad gameplay and GFX, it isn't a bad game. You get the point. Some games have different strong points than others. That doesn't make them bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I suppose that's your opinion but as I've said, other mediums do a far better job at all of the other aspects you mentioned. I want to read a great story? I buy a book, I want to see pretty effects? I watch a movie, I want awesome art ? I watch a movie or go to an art gallery.

Now I want to have an interactive experience? I play a game, no other medium is better at it. Besides that Morrowind didn't have a good story or a nice art style.

Besides that Morrowind didn't have a good story

Don't be surprised the next time I smack you. >:(

Retired Forum Moderator

I can understand that the gameplay isn't your style but to say the story sucked is like saying JRR Tolkien is a bad author. You clearly haven't played it very much. :|

Retired Forum Moderator

Morrowind had awful gameplay

there were a couple features that were outright broken

the AI was awful, combat sucked and UI was mediocre at best

So why do people love morrowind so much? Why was it game of the year?

Sure as hell wasn't because of the gameplay.

The gameplay was awful and anyone who defends it is awful.

but everything else was godlike.

I swear, you guys need to read some books. Morrowind story was slightly better than the Oblivion story, both of them suck.