Getting my first tattoo done soon *Results*

Sign in to follow this  

Yo I just booked an appointment to get my first tattoo done. I'm just wondering if anyone here has one and maybe they could tell me how painful it is getting it done and how long it should take to heel and after care tips and stuff like that. I'm getting this on my shoulder but with black outlines.

Here is the results

tattoo.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

How big will it be specifically?

I have two tattoos, one hurt only at times while the other was blinding pain every moment. If you're getting it on your shoulder, you should be fine though. If you've got a decent pain tolerance, some muscle, and the ability to let your mind wander, you'll be good.

Takes a few weeks to heal. It will bleed and you have to keep it clean. It will itch and you must never scratch it. Quick tip: if it itches too much, you can, or have a friend, slap it. It really helps because it's pretty likely it's going it itch like hell. I've never spoken to anyone who didn't agree about healing tattoos being itchy as balls.

The tattoo artist should tell you about proper cleaning methods, but here are some basics:

Use very warm, but not hot water and some gentle soap. Glide your hand over the tattoo, don't press down hard. You want to clean the blood, ink and germs, but you don't want to damage the wound.

Glide some moisturizing cream (the tattoo place should have some for sale, get it) over it every time you clean it but make sure it's a thin layer.

Try to avoid letting it get directly by a showerhead the first couple weeks. I don't know exactly why, but my artist told me that both times I went in. Use your hand to let water flow onto the tattoo. By that same token, don't swim in a pool for the first few weeks, too.

DO NOT PICK. Don't pick off flakes, don't pick the scabs, don't pick nothing. Let everything fall off naturally or when you're gently cleaning the tattoo.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it. Good luck. Tattoos are fantastic. God, I wish I had more.

EDIT:

Oh, here are some pictures of my tattoos, by the way.

Keep in mind these are old pictures, both were taken right after I got them done. The first I got in the summer of '08, the second a year later.

KAYAw.jpg

wfnUe.jpg

I look so chubby in this picture...I'm such a stringbean, I don't understand why this one picture I have of my side tattoo makes me look like I actually weigh something.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Body art is very fascinating. Often people get tattoos that have a very personal symbolism to them and you can often tell who a person is by looking at their tattoos if they are serious about it and didn't just do it while drunk or something or just to show off.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Body art is very fascinating. Often people get tattoos that have a very personal symbolism to them and you can often tell who a person is by looking at their tattoos if they are serious about it and didn't just do it while drunk or something or just to show off.

That's why I only have two tattoos (aside from the price), I always spend at least a year contemplating them before I get them. If I still like the idea and design after the year is up, I am allowed to get it. So far I have about four tattoos planned for the future. all my tattoos and future tattoos have a great amount of meaning to me.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Thanks for the advice. it's going to be as big as my shoulder lol :S don't know how else to explain it. I've been wanting to get this tattoo for like 3 years now and finally had some extra cash to get it done. Btw your tattoos look f'n awesome dude.

i'll add you to the list of very regrettable tattoos.

yea fanboy tattoos never pan out...unless it's a band that will never die. but t'v shows..eh gray area.

It's a anomalously successful show, maybe it won't die either ¯\(°_o)/¯. On the subject of tattoos, it just feels like a bad idea to me. Spending money to get an image poked into your skin, and you can't remove it unless you pay for an even more expensive and painful treatment. It's probably just because I have a fear of needles though. :lol:

It's a anomalously successful show, maybe it won't die either ¯\(°_o)/¯. On the subject of tattoos, it just feels like a bad idea to me. Spending money to get an image poked into your skin, and you can't remove it unless you pay for an even more expensive and painful treatment. It's probably just because I have a fear of needles though. :lol:

That's why you should only get tattoos of things that have heartfelt and deep meaning, the pain and money are totally worth it. They're not even that expensive, if you're going to a good shop.

Looks good. Take good care of it and it'll keep looking for good for a longer time and you won't have to get it touched up often.

How was the pain?

Yo I just booked an appointment to get my first tattoo done. I'm just wondering if anyone here has one and maybe they could tell me how painful it is getting it done and how long it should take to heel and after care tips and stuff like that. I'm getting this on my shoulder but with black outlines.

Here is the results

tattoo.png

Did you get the tattoo because it looked cool? Or did you get it because of the band? :o

I'm wondering because I absolutely love Within Temptation.

"I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes ordering you to open!"

Here is the results

tattoo.png

Did you get the tattoo because it looked cool? Or did you get it because of the band? :o

I'm wondering because I absolutely love Within Temptation.

Both. I freakin' love them, gonna see them in November gonna try and get Sharon or Rob to sign my arm so I can get that tattoo'd aswell