New update because we're all going crazy

Sign in to follow this  

56.jpg

Hey people, I thought I'd give a minor update since several of you seem restless from the comments. Many of you can't wait for another Freeman's Mind episode it seems. The biggest reason I haven't been working on it is because I haven't had a place to record. At the moment I'm just staying with family. At Machinima.com, I could come into the office in the middle of the night and record it then. Right now everything's in flux.

I noticed some comments claiming the reason I haven't released anything lately is because I have a life. That's incorrect. A lot of what I've been up to is hunting for a place to live where I can make noise for recording that I can also afford. You can complain all you want more Freeman's Mind hasn't been coming out, but the series isn't exactly known for Freeman talking in a hushed tone, so I'm not going to make new ones unless I can do them properly. The good news is I just yesterday found a place, though I still need to take care of things like internet hookup, phone service, etc., but I should be getting back on track on soon. Once I'm set up in my new place, my plans are to make a new FM episode as soon as possible, then continue work on The Tunnel, then see where things go from there.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to keep on top of many other things. The website needs work. A new system for managing subtitles is still being established. Machinima.com has deleted more episode download links at random, which I need to put back up. I'm way behind on responding to emails. My files are a mess and very disorganized from working on two different computers for The Tunnel. I still have a ton of animation work to do for The Tunnel. There are some minor map fixes needed for The Tunnel. I'm trying to find time to research new animation techniques and technology that may help things go faster in the future. I need furniture. I'm probably going to need a car again. My headphones are falling apart. At the moment I have no health insurance. I'll probably die alone. My motherboard chipset fan is making this buzzing sound that makes me want to take an axe to it. The pilot surprise episode is completely on hold at the moment. I'm facing new issues regarding my use of game soundtracks. I'm running into new problems with the Source engine. I'm also busy with stuff that I'm keeping under wraps for various reasons, but I think you'll be pleased with in the long-term.

I know it's easy to think that I'm just slacking off and not working on anything, but the best way I can describe things is that I'm retooling everything so that I can start becoming a mini machinima factory. I personally believe I'm going to produce more videos for 2010 than I have for any other year. If you don't believe me, feel free to count up the most I've produced in a year so far and give me hell if I don't meet that goal by 2011. In the meantime, chill. HL2 Episode 3 is late. Black Mesa mod is late. The Crossing is on hold. They Hunger: Lost Souls hasn't updated in a year. SiN Episodes died. Many projects associated with the Source engine have a tendency to take for-frigging-ever or die. I'm trying, people.

Don't worry about us, Scott, take your time.

J.C.

P.S. Remember this: YOU ROCK MAN!

P.S.2 You know, the PayPal button thing some people have mentioned is not a bad idea...

J.C.

As much as I'd like to take it, I can only imagine how pissed people would be if I was accepting donations and taking a long time. Besides, that would be a "website feature" that takes backseat to some others.

Heh... J.C. reminded me why half my soul hates you so much.

ACCEPT DONATIONS GOD DAMN IT!!!

That's the only way I know I can help, and actually that's why I'm restless.

Anyways, take care of yourself, k?

Johan

P.S.

Ross, you deserve donations even IF you aren't productive because we all know you do your best.

Ross,

Take your time to sort out stuff for yourself first, we can wait as long as it takes.

Wouldn't want you to compromise your awesome videos just to placate a few whining fans.

Besides, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate in the meantime, respects to you for sticking to your guns (and crowbar) in the midst of it You created a lot of fun, and happy distractions for ppl who had a rough year in '09, and as one of them, thank you.

Wishing you happy New Beginnings in 2010!

Attira

Take your time and relax scott. You don't have to get stressed over some impatient people.

wow your life look like hell in this moment, I hope it will improve.

Don't worry, man. We've been waiting for Black Mesa and Episode 3 for forever, and we can wait for Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection too. Get your life together first.

Don't worry about the mass of impatient fans, just take as much time as you need to get your place up and running. Hell you would think the outburst of episodes you made would be enough to keep everybody quiet but seems they hunger for more! Don't go making a rushed episode too soon just because everybody is getting angry at you, do it as soon as your ready or take a break if you like, hell you earned it man.

Take your time, Ross. I appreciate so much what you do, and the fact that some people dare complain about something you do for free boggles my mind.

" I'm facing new issues regarding my use of game soundtracks."

That's not to do with you using the 'Howler', from 'Undying', in the trailer for 'The Tunnel', is it?

B*stards...

Hey, the best vids are made when spending a lot of time on it! All the time you needs, will be spended fruitfully, i'm sure of it! I'm sorry if my english is a bit... weird.. but i'm from Belgium and my english isn't bad.. but it isn't perfect either..

Love your shows, and I always will be waiting for the next one!

I hope you soon will find comfort in a new place to live!

Greetings from Belgium,

Drakinus

Scott, I know you want to keep your fans happy, but you have to be very careful not to get constantly stressed. That can lead to a depression which can even lead to suicide without help or change of lifestyle. If your personal life is going poorly, I'd recommend just taking a break and relaxing. You won't be able to please all the fans, but a movie producer that's stressed churns out low-quality work. A producer that's relaxed and calm can create much better movies.

I guess that you can find a lot of people which want to donate not because they want to pay you (yeah i payed you and still nothing, give me my money BACK). It´s because they respect you and love your series (CP and FM are THE best machinema series i ever seen). I hope that i find some way to support you (even if you disagree with me)

And yeah take your time if you need that. I don´t care how long i have to wait for another episode. It´s not about quantity but about quality which is still so damn high.

PS I hope that it´s not so late. Happy New Year (if it´s late it´s for 2011) may FM guide your way and CP protect you. I wish you all the best in this year.

Respekt from Shodar87

I'm sure many of us can snack on some other things on the internet while we wait for more FM to come out. Don't listen to angry mails since they will probably be just trolls. I prefer you take your time on FM rather than dropping it, because if you stopped making it, I would cry you a river and believe in love no more lol.

Rain.