The Today I Learned thread

Sign in to follow this  

Today I learned that my Limited Networking skills come in handy in everyday life.

SOURCE: Classroom???

Hi Friend.

Today i learned that my hair doesn't like to be styled.

Source: Half a bucket of styling gel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TIL that if you go to the cinema to watch a movie, nothing good will be on.

Source- My day off of school today

TIL you're posting here like mad.

Source - over 100 unread posts.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

TIL that greasy foods contain endocannabinoids like weed does and this makes people want to eat more greasy food. Seems like the origin of this is a survival method, your body wants to eat as many fat as it cans because it doesn't know when you're gonna be able to eat something like that again. In today's world this is useless and makes people go fat easier.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Dear Princess Celestia...

Today I learned that you can be an AF moderator, even if you've only been a registered member for 2 weeks.

Your faithful student, Rainbow Dash.

Also known as "Username"

Today I learned the correct course of action if a shipping container dock door gets jammed: Kill the door with the emergency stop, and inform the deck supervisor.

Source: I could have been seriously injured when I pulled something out from under the dock door that was propping it up. While the Freezer Dock part of the warehouse I could have inductively reasoned would be insulated and thus very thick, it did not occur to me at that moment the possible risk of that door, specifically the fact that it weighs four tons.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.