FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 28

Sign in to follow this  

I don't know, I'd probably join Civil Protection, seems like a decent job. State of the art armor and equipment, friendly co-workers (like Mike and Dave), and I get to have authority, and wont get my house smashed down every other day. Plus, I could get a free gun and maybe shoot some of those things crawling around the canals. The only con to the job is that the health plan sucks (they never seem to carry wounded comrades on strectchers or anything), and I might get a mysterious case of caved in skull by crowbar.

Its the end of the world as we know it!!!!!!!!!

that shouldnt sound gay or something but dude your voice thats äh thats radio level damn your voice is awesome and perfect for freemas mind and in FAQ you sai you maybe switch to black mesa source i think thats a good idea

hey Ross,

watching your last episode, mentioning the Gold cache and fleeing plans and so on i really anticipated that youre familiar with these topics. And now i read your Personal Note... and there it is.

You seem to follow the same path i did...

stumbled upon the Peak-Oil-Problem some years ago and read a lot about it. Even did first preparements.

But, my friend, be assured that Peak-Oil is currently not our main problem. (but it will become surely after the current problems are solved).

What i talk about is the world economic meltdown. I just realized the importance of this topic after Lehmann.

Too bad its already very late for you (and me too) to take profit out of this situation. (i should have known about this in 2004 and i would be now in a much better financial situation).

But for good, Peak-Oil and Economic-Collapse share the same Problems you have to prepare for. Good luck!

And of course, dont loose the humor (FM rocks) in this episode of mankind... makes it easier to survive it all!

sorry for bad english, its already toooo late and im not native ^^

Everyone's also assuming the population is going to continue to grow at the same rate, but that's not true. In fact, several countries are approaching stage 4 in the demographic process which sees a stop in growth or negative growth. In that case, demand for oil will decrease and hence resources can be used for longer. Also, I feel that the world is actually preparing for change in energy sources already, especially with all the reactors and turbines been implemented. Also, machines are getting more efficient these days. It's kinda the Malthusian problem again, were incorrect assumptions are made in extrapolating and hence bad conclusions are mad. According to the original malthusians, we should already have had a resource war over food, but it turns out general overpopulation wasn't an issue. I think a lot of these crisis' are blown out of proportion. I had one TV show try and tell me the internet would run out of space before 2010. As you can see, it certainly has not

Just a note to those going on about nuclear power been safe, the fact that it's unstable is the reason why it's so powerful. It can never be truly safe. Even if internally everything is fine, if an attack focused on a power plant succeeded, it would manage to poison a large portion of the surrounding are and render it inhospitable for ages. I can't remember exactly where I read it, but one of the news articles I read recently said, in fact, one of the orignal targets for 9/11 was a nuclear power plant on the east coast. They predicted if the attack had gone through, America would have been pretty devastated. Not Fallout 3 style, but still a bad mess.

@hallgarth

If you don't mind you should watch "Who killed the electric car", it'll give you 5 reasons why it is not coming in the near future to a worldwide consumer base but hybrids and most importantly, the electric car will.

@Anonymous 02:56:42

The power plant disaster of Chernobyl is a pretty decent example - one nuclear power plant explosion and the entire city of 50000 - 100000 inhospitable for over 30 years now.

Anonymous at 02:56:42 - If someone tried to do that somewhere in Europe, then sure. We have lots of old nuclear power plants. But modern US reactors are designed to sustain both ground and air attack(even goddamn missiles) so any attacks there are rather out of question. That and most of terrorists are idiots. ;3

@Mick- Yeah you have to be pretty fuckin stupid to take out the twin towers and a chunk of the pentagon in one day.

Anonymous at 06:18:34 - You know, I have many ideas on how they could improve it. Also, almost nine years passed and you don't see another plane hijacked and crashed, say, into White House or even a nuclear power plant. Yes, raised security measures. But, even now people are able to smuggle a screwdriver on the board. Besides, not only planes are there. What about tankers? Come on, americans are stealing their oil and they won't even blow up a tanker close to US shores? Weak... Guess they aren't so smart or tough as they seem right after they actually manage to pull something off. ;]

keep doing these FM episodes, you are brilliant man! hope you do hl2 aswell

The peak of oil discovery is probably wrong. I don't have facts, and that video was pretty convincing, but U.S. still has reserves in Gulf of Mexico and Brazil just discovered oil veeery deep in the ground, in huge quantity. Just saying, technology can end up making more oil get discovered.

But of course. U.S. is still pretty much fked up. Not only SUVs were majority over there, you use it for THAT MUCH power.

Yo, if you can't give us an ETA on the next video then how about an ETA on the next ETA. Sort of an EETA.

The dark side everything clouds. Afraid I am he won't be able to even an EEEETA give you.

i see the start of another big wait here... already FIVE PAGES of comments iether this willl go on forever or there are just alot of coments...

Thanks Yoda. I mean Mick.

Oh man...I want to help Ross u.u

This was an outstanding episode.