FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 28

Sign in to follow this  

The order of the world is crumbling. Oil, the substance our society is most reliant upon is running low. There have always been problems with oil from the cartels to finding the few places on earth in which it still remains. Currently, we have two places where our oil is coming from that make it more expensive than finding it in pools underground. We find it in the dirt and under the raging waters of the sea. Extracting the oil from the dirt, as Mr. Scott pointed out, requires more energy to extract the oil than is gained from the use of the oil. The hazards of the sea don't offer an improved solution, as has been demonstrated by the recent oil spill which has not been stopped even though three weeks elapsed from the time it began. In truth, societies dependent upon oil as a major fuel source are, frankly, screwed. A few places where oil is not used much (such as Almish communities and third world countries in general) will endure this collapse without suffering heavy penalties. American society, however, will become a living hell. In worst case scenario, it will resemble the society in the movie Mad Max. That is why I have already planned a realistic escape plan in case of emergency. I have full confidence in the American Government, but they are not the only ones causing this problem. The problem is being caused by each business which uses oil and truly the problem is caused by us all(unless you are Almish or live in a oil independent community). The common man just goes about his business assuming he is immortal and nothing will go wrong. When the day the oil runs low comes about, everyone will realize they are not immortal and mankind will realize this world is his to create and maintain, not destroy.

There is no oil crises, dude. You're just being paranoid.

Maybe I am being paranoid, but maybe I'm just being pragmatic and cautious (two words the "immortals" don't use often).

P.S. Helium supplies are running out as well, and all the fish in the ocean are estimated to be dead as early as 2015 do to irresponsible fishing practices, oil spills, toxic waste, and man's dealings with the ocean as a whole..

Thanks, Ross, for making these videos that makes us a good time and remember our old times in Half-Life. You have a lot of work, and few realize. We all hope that more videos go faster, but we must take time to realize that everything you've done. I hope you read this comment, I wish you all the luck in the world and managed to make a good job. But take it easy, wait as long as necessary.

Thank you.

Sincerely, [On hl] Gman

Hey, Ross. First of all, congratulations on a great episode. I miss these longer than few minutes episodes from "before machinima.com" times ]

As for oil.. This is quite interesting to come across. I actually thought, that supply was not growing because of OPEC regulations agreements, need to look up that. Also worth mentioning: some people claim to successfully make oil with algae. Google, or read something like this: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/05/making-renewabl/

I hope, we're not going down yet

(Ah, the audio waveform looks great! Good job, Otto!)

I have to say that this is easily one of the funniest episodes I've seen in a long time. Great job.

You know, the oil crisis is likely... America will have to go to use our actual reserves and the 3rd World War will begin. Russia, China and Other Communist nations versus the West. Then there will be a draft and war will be fought with Just infantry because there is no gas so then nukes will be used to settle loses and then the world is going to be left with Africa as the only remaining continent. The Government hides it with the stocks lowering, ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!

Hey Ross probably don't read posts this far back but I really wanted to say "good job" and thanks for posting more Freeman's Mind.

-B

Finally! You did great job man , i love the scene , where the aliens comes , and you say " you are just a paranoid Freeman " That is freakin awesome. Thanks for great episode.

AND SO IT WAS FORTOLD BY ROSS SCOTT, THAT THE END IS NIGH!!! if the apocolypse happens, i'm gonna download my brain into a videogame. And i'll live forever fighting aliens and zombies!

Nice episode, btw do u know where i can purchase a SIG SG-550 in the US for the upcoming zombie apocalypse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_550

Items needed: Dragonskin body armor, SIG SG-550, SIG P226, Tactical backpack, TAZ 90 camouflage, and a lot of ammo: 357 sig, 5.6 GW PAT 90 or 5.56.

Mr. Scott, I say tackle all your priorities and take your time with your projects. Contrary to popular belief, the speed does not reflect on the finished product. And also, I love both Civil Protection and Freeman's Mind equally. They both have the signature wit and satirical humor you espouse conveyed through differing perspectives, so I say work on both at the time and pace you are comfortable at/desire rather than rely on their popularity as the basis from which you judge on which to spend more time/effort on. Thank you so much for giving us your series, because I believe this is the most under-rated and unappreciated, yet most iconic symbol of our cyberworld-imbibed pop-culture. Plus, the fact that your humor is the intelligent kind (something different from the growing popularity of slap-stick and toilet humor) makes everything all the better. Good luck and have fun. You deserve more than a $1 million for your contribution to our decadent society. Thank you!

p.s: I hope this comment does not go unnoticed. I write it with 100% sincerity.

All we need to do is amass the materials needed to build a dyson sphere, and we'll have all the electric power we'll ever need. We could eliminate oil as a fuel source. We'll probably have to harvest metal from every planet in the solar system to actually build one, though. XD

I cant wait for the episode's with the Itchyosoar's (yeah im probably spelling that wrong) An Gonarch.

Good luck Ross on Movig and if you need to Ross Move to Canada its not like what many US cicitzes Stereotype, trust me that is waaaaay up in the North Territories, and for somewhere to live try BC its beautiful

Ah... I remember the 'Surrender Freemen' graffiti from when I played Half-Life back in the late Nineties... ah, memories...

dude, your narration is outstanding!

first class series. keep the good work!

Hmmmm, if it's not a zombie apocalypse, what do you think is coming?

"Peak Oil" is a fraud. Plain and simple.

Look... here's the truth... There's TOO MUCH oil. That's it!

It's called artificial scarcity. They're suppressing how much oil is available and the use of it.

I'm not in any way defending the use of oil --- to be specific; what I mean by that is simply that I think it's an outdated source of energy/fuel, and therefore should not be used... I'm more in favor of Nikola Tesla's way of thinking --- but the simple fact and reality is that there's an overabundance of oil, a natural supply that we could not exhaust even if we wanted to.

For more information go to YouTube... type in searches like these:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=peak oil scam