FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 28

Sign in to follow this  

To peak oil crisis naysayers: I'm addressing you as a group because I'm not interested in arguing individual points, however I'm not closed minded and am open to ascertaining the truth on the situation if you think I'm totally off. If you want to convince me I'm wrong, I recommend watching this video first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwNgNyiXPLk

If you think you can disprove any points made in this video and can provide evidence to back it up (articles from reputable sources, documentaries, etc., NOT your opinion or unquoted claim on the matter), by all means do so. You can post it here or email me directly. Even though I'm slow about responding to emails, I read all of them.

Front Royal guy: Well hey, email me, I'm still looking into options. I'm located in Blacksburg VA currently and I'll probably stay here for a while, but I'm willing to move wherever.

Merril: I'm doing alright, slightly below breaking even, a lower rent will remedy that.

Anonymous at 07:39:11: No way man, I'm working to finish The Tunnel as soon as I can.

Mick: The youtube posted video above is another excellent source on the matter. Actually I think electricity might be the least important part, agriculture and transportation are likely the biggest game changers.

Explosm guy: Sorry, that's not me. The guy who doesn't separate the s's is a different person.

Zedacon and other survivalist hardasses: Feel free to email me, I will give you a reponse, if slowly.

2012 guy: I'm really not a reactionary on most things. I think a 2012 crisis because the Mayans can't count is a joke, just like I thought Y2K wasn't going to be an issue either.

How many years before we all run out of VASELINE? OMG!

Anonymous @ 2010-05-26

Awesome! That's re-assuring.

Also Ross, this episode was AMAZING! I hope you can make more like this! I really enjoyed it. Freeman's Mind is something I'll always watch. I just can't wait to see how it develops even further into the game, and perhaps Half Life2

As the reference to India, I was extremely shocked as to how you spoke fluent Hindi. Are you currently learning the language or was that a movie phrase?

hey guys ian rilley (barneys mind) has posted the q and a vid on his chanal!

the q and a stars krimsonyt (shephards mind) emperor psymon (parkers mind) cyhaind (chells mind) and ira mighty piret ((ian rilley)barneys mind) all do a q and a together so you may want to see it. ~banjo tooie

reinventing collapse by dmitry orlov, scary shit, im convinced, damnit

Take your time Ross I don't mind waiting for your work at all.

awesome episode, thanks for all the effort you put in each and every one of them

Good, freeman's mind and civil protection will keep me sane when im rocking back and forth with a shot gun while the souless corpes of my family and friends scratch at the door to my bunker.

WOAH, Ross actually comments on his own page now! Way to go!

No wonder it takes so long for you to complete episodes if you keep watching this vague documentairies and doubting our future.

We all know the world will end sometimes, by zombie apocalypse, a new ice age, a meteor, world war three or whatsoever.

You can't pick the exact date of whenever that will happen Ross.

Maybe in a few months?

Maybe in years, you can't predict that!

I know all this documentairies you've been watching are based on facts we al know about, but hey, when that apocalypse comes, and it will, no one will be safe.

But do you have to let that rule the most of your life?

If you keep thinking about those kind of things you won't be able to really enjoy life.

Go to movies, hang out with friends, spend time with family.

You don't have to live for your job Ross.

I know people want those videos, but we can wait.

Everyone dies eventually, and yes i know that's a bit naive to say, but i'd just let it overcome me.

If a nuclear holocaust will break out, no one will be safe.

And even if you manage to survive, what would you think life would look like?

I would recommend you to play the game Fallout 3 if you want a clear image of that.

Would you want to life such life, or would you want to enjoy this life, and end it succesfully, so you can say to yourself someday: Hey, i really made something of my life!

I know you probably don't care about my opinion, but hey, that's where opinions are for.

Anyway, good luck with your videos that are yet to come Ross, you've done a great job so far.

The world is still there, so enjoy every bit of it while you still can!

>If only people weren't so afraid of nuclear power. It could last us thousands of years.

There are still Chernobyl style reactors left in this world, waiting for a mistake to take place. http://www.ecn.cz/c10/sosnovy.jpg.

Ross Scott - that was great piece of information! Good thing that I already have big garden full of food every year Stuff like radish, lettuce, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, chives and onions. Also strawberries, apples, cherries and plums(yeah, I'm showing off xP). It's not gigantic amount but definitely enough to feed at least three people. Too bad that meat can't be grown too, hah.

Anonymous at 22:19:45 - you know, Fallout 3's world is definitely a better place than dark ages.

Anonymous at 22:32:50 - Incident at Chernobyl only means that idiots shouldn't be put in charge of sensitive facilities.

Good episode. Some days, I truly understand how Gordon feels.

You ain't alone in thinking something's not quite right in the world scope. With all the strain and stress the world's economic, political, and social/cultural systems are under, I'm surprised they still function to some semblance of normal. I know for a fact that if the types of damage and strain were placed upon the top rated software and network systems in the world... You wouldn't measure uptime as much as you'd measure how quickly it developed a tortured sentience and found a way put itself out of misery.

I guess the best way to sum up my feelings is similar to being near a structure before collapse. After hearing the structure creak and crack, there's an odd moment of silence and tranquility. Occasionally, there's a faint sign of strain and stress, but it's a fleeting moment. After that is what seems to be enough time to provide assurance that the structure is stable again. Then, a final snap and the dominoes start falling.

I predict that the US will decay like the Roman Empire did. Everyone will just get tired of the BS from above, ignore it, and start worrying more about state level stuff than anything. Might see some redrawing of property lines, but not much else. The real interesting stuff is going to come from the other side of the world.

Hey Ross, to further fuel (pun not intended) your paranoia, did you know that US also reached it's peak water in 1970's.

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2010/05/not-just-oil-us-hit-peak-water-in-1970-and-nobody-noticed.ars

Of course this isn't as terrifying as peak oil, as water is a renewable source but the rise in consumption of water will make it harder to constantly produce good quality water.

Also, I watched the video and it made few good points, but it had this sensationalist feel in it. I'm not questioning its message, as my time at the moment is limited and I can't research the subject widely enough to say it's not true and I'm pretty sure that at least some of its points are true, but I will research further when I'm less busy.

I have to say that for the most part rich western countries are going to be OK at least for a while, seeing how they have the resources to get the oil from wherever the fuck they want to get it from.

Anyhow, thanks for bringing this subject up, I had heard of this concept before, but I wasn't interested enough to research further.

Hey Ross

It's great that the new episode came out

But I have a small problem with my Sound Driver and the whole UAA bus driver for HD and downloading it

So I probably am gonna be finished and have clear sound on monday but until then can yo hurry up on

the subtitles.

About the oil crisis that you, me and more than half from the humans belive that it's going to happend

I'd like to tell that the final drop of oil will be probably in the 2040's or at least the government wants us

to think like that, but I agree that it's gonna be much, much sooner

And not just the oil everything should go down, BUT we also have the sun like an endless

energy source so what ever happends it's gonna be fun to watch knowing that it's not the end

JUST JOKING SAVE YOUR SELF IT"S GONNA BE EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF AAAAAAAAAHHHAA

@Mick.

I grew hungry of your talk about stacking up food so i bought some metloaf ]

You guys ober there are lucky that you can own guns, here in europe restrictions are way higher

States got better control over people with no weapons...