FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 28

Sign in to follow this  

don´t worry! we in Sweden have developing new fuel since end of last year. Such as plankton diesel and ethanol jet fuel its really easy to make the diesel to, its the same principle of oil vegetables but it takes less time

I feel like a hungry hobo who just found ten thousand dollars in a dumpster. Or in Massechusets.

There are approximately 100 trillion gallons of crude oil left on the planet, it's not going to run out that fast. Also countries have started using nuclear power more and more and renewable energies are starting to be more efficient. It's not that bad.

Awesome, I want to conquer the world, so nobody will be screwed.

Nice episode! Though I have my doubt about the imminent apocalypse, good luck with the extreme survival and hay, after all it's not paranoia if it will keep you alive!

Am I the only one that sees that the first message on the wall is spelled wrong?

It's Freeman... not freemen! I was hoping ross would make a joke at that point like, they´re after the wrong man... until he sees the second one that has the right name. But great episode dude! Keep it up!

First, since it's my first comment here, thanks for ALL the great vids, Freeman's mind and Civil Protection. My household (all HL fans

I know you said you live in VA, move down here to Front Royal, all the way at the end of RT66. That was one of the reasons I moved down here, a just-in-case scenario... you never know. Rent is cheaper, especially if you live anywhere near Fairfax or Prince William Counties. I rent a 3 BR house, almost an acre of land, and have a small orchard in my backyard, $850 a month. Just a suggestion. Keep up the awesome work!

I think we're already past the point where every nation should adopt one-car policy. More of a concern is the fuel supply for the aviation and shipping industries.

Great episode. "A Crude Awakening" is also a good doco about the oil crisis.

If your lifestyle is degrading because of your current economic situation. Stop CP/FM for a while, find a job any-job, and get yourself some rest.

This may be more fun, but the satisfaction that comes from having more success outside of this will be good.

You seem like a hard worker, with talent working with computers, surely you can find something worth your time?

I know times are hard, I have 6 years of schooling and I'm repairing fax machines >.<

But I'm living happily with health insurance and vacation time, thats enough for me at the moment.

The revolution is coming brothers! Keep stockpiling those baked beans, we will see who's paranoid once the resource wars begin!

But seriously, were all fucked. Fossil fuels wich gave humanity a massive leap forward in pretty much every area of life will run out sooner or later, and unless science comes up with some wonderfuel wich is as effective as oil and is produced by unicorn rainbows AND is easily integrated into the existing ifrastructure, population sustainability will drop from 6 billion to 2 and world war III will break out. Fun times!

Whoever is reading this and frowning upon all the craziness, dont just dismiss everything. Look it up. Use Google or Wikipedia. We can still avoid this if we work together!

Lets all sit tight, cross our fingers, and hope for some extra-dimensional super empire to come along, invade the earth and wipe out half the planet's population to ease the load. That would be nice...

Nice work man love you work this is true machima! keep it up!!

Again enjoyed a FM Episode. And this one really is a jewel.

You are great artists Ross

As a geologist Ross, I feel obligated to chime in on your discussion of peak oil. There are many miss-conceptions and miss-information on both sides of the debate. As with most issues, the true answer lies somewhere in the middle. For those of you unfamiliar with peak oil, it is not running out of petroleum. It is where the rate of discovery of new oil reserves begins decreasing and eventually production starts decreasing (as it takes several years to bring a reserve online). Basically, it is the de-acceleration of the supply side of the oil equation. The USA reached its peak oil in 1974. The World is predicted to reach its peak right about now ( /- a couple of years). After peak oil, prices for crude will start to rise. We will never run out of oil because eventually it will become too expensive to burn for fuel.

Ross, while I share your concern about the issue, I disagree with your solution. Moving to a survivalist type community will only reinforce your paranoia about the issue and maybe other issues as well. Extremists focus on only one side of the issue and usually get inflamed by non-scientifically valid sources. Society is unlikely to collapse as societies are surprisingly flexible things. We are really only one technological advance away from a fossil fuel free world. Necessity is the mother of all invention, and as long as oil remains the cheapest method of transportation the drive for research and development is not there.

I could go on and on, but the real problem is not supply. It is demand. The USA uses 20 million barrels of oil a day (yes a day), and the world uses 85 million barrels a day. Based on the current world proven reserves (1.3 trillion barrels), this is a 43 year supply assuming constant consumption rates (a very bad assumption). If you want to really affect change, work on reducing consumption. Drive a high gas mileage car. Buy locally grown food.

You're right we'd just put oil over graves so zombies would go back under if they tried to com back up. Oh that's right! We don't have any damn oil to spare.

Ha, trying to fool us into thinking that you're worried about the state of the world, when you're actually talking about Tunnel... Clever Ross, clever, but you won't fool me.