Accursed Farms for Competitive TF2

Sign in to follow this  

Not really.

This is my planned loadout as Scout:

Scattergun (of course, but I might change to Shortstop depending on how things work out for me)

Mad Milk (health for me and my squad, since we will be quite distant from the Medic at times)

Candy Cane (Same concept, but Epsilon, you're gonna have to cover my ass with rockets and 'nades)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

No problem; I think my strongest point as Pyro is airblasting projectiles.

I do have one weakness, though: using rockets to propel myself forward. Is there any "special technique?"

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

This takes a very good mental timer, you have to see the rocket coming and know EXACTLY when it woud hit you, then turn and point, jump and crouch as you would for a regular rocket jump.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'm assuming it's easier said than done, but I'll see if I can practice it on tr_walkway. I won't complain because Rarity likely has it harder with his rollouts. :P

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Check the banned weapon list I posted before you ask questions (not trying to be a dick, but it's there for you to reference)

Huntsman is rarely used in play because it is rather Underpowered. I never understood what the positive side of that weapon was. It's just fun to use.

Ridiculous hitboxes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rarity's our medic actually. Him and ABG have lots of buddy experience as a heavy/medic combo, so I thought that would woek out well. Eedobaba's our demo and he's gotta get down his rollouts.

This is assuming I can make it at all. If this quarter is telling me anything, I'm gonna be very busy for the next 2 years. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

That's fine. We'll figure this out. I mean we DO have 3 months at least.

so....when will we be able to do some practice?

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

As a full team, January, or if I can notify you guys ahead of time, occasional weekends and periods like (American) Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. Once I get my PC, practices will be much more frequent. We'll be there in time for the Spring season I think.

-kyps0kMv-0

Yes there were quite a few careless moments when only enemy mistakes saved me. But when the scores get like this

BA4570B9F86958F11F1E654A3E372A65FEDCC270

you tend to relax just a little.

Very nice. My friend is more of an obvious, slow-trucking heavy, but I'm trying to teach him to jump+rev around corners.

So I did these two in a random pub with ABG.

I expected to be extremely rusty, but I guess not. Would I be able to have Sniper as my offclass on the 6v6 team?

AjZY-mzAdlU

cmCPCdwe_r8

We're still doing the 6v6? I think 8v8 would actually he betternfor all of our abilities.

Hmm.. I don't recall you mentioning an 8v8; I thought those were much less common in comp. than 6v6.

Weren't we doing highlander?

Anyway, i think i have decided my soldier highlander loadout if we do that "terrible trio strategy":

For my primary weapon i will probably use either the direct hit or the liberty launcher.

They are both good at dealing with long-range targets (one of the heavy-medic combo weakness) and they will both allow me to quickly get rid of the enemy spy that might target the medic or the heavy.

For my secondary weapon i will probably go with the buff banner.

The shotgun will be kinda useless since i will have a heavy right by my side, the gunboats wont be that useful since if i am to stay close to the heavy i dont think quickly rocket jump through the map will be necessary, and the medic will be nearby if i need some healing after attempting a rocket jump, and the battalion backup will only be useful if the enemy medic is using the kritzkrieg.

For my melee weapon i will go with the disciplinary action to speed up the heavy through the battlefield.

For now its pretty much it, if you have any suggestions just speak up

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Scoutman, regarding your loadout, it sounds good.

My recommendations:

Direct Hit or Liberty Launcher: Liberty Launcher; Soldier needs splash to protect his Medic (if he has one) and to deal maximum damage to the enemy team.

Buff Banner sounds good, but I'd still consider the Gunboats; mobility is very important for competitive Soldiers.

Disciplinary Action would be great.

I was thinking the Heavy/Medic would be the core of the trio. Scoutman, you'll have some liberty in movement. You'll be roaming a small distance from the pack, going ahead to detect spies and weaken enemies, then coming back for heals. Mobility is good, but an overheal will give you 2 jumps without taking damage. Buff banner sounds like a great idea. Use it like a minipush. If we push with Uber and don't quite get where we want to be, deploy the banner and push a little bit farther. I'm not sure about the Liberty Launcher, though. In comp. play, having 3 rockets can be a HUGE disadvantage. I'm thinking stick with the stock launcher, but maybe your supporting fire from the Heavy will give you time to reload after a jump.

For everyone: Go on some Highlander pubs (if you can, do it with teammates) and figure out your groove and your loadout of choice.

Also, I have an entirely different strategy for CTF. The Demo will go offensive with the heavy trio, but will be more of a roamer, and the soldier will stay close to the medic more. Tye pyro will go roam. Going through the entire friendly base and mid-room (think Turbine), checking for spies and giving some Flare Gun support for our offense. Engineer will tank in the base and the Sniper will cover what the Engi can't, occasionally coming forward when we push and get the intel, picking off anyone chasing the carrier. The Scout will be a middle-man, checking for spies and keeping enemies out of our base. When we're ready to make a push, the uber combo will absorb sentry fire while everybody else takes it down. Meanwhile, the Scout rushes in and out before the uber wears off, taking the intel with him.

VJXTJYhPc24

Edit: CommFT just uploaded this a little bit ago. Axl+ has a similar group-up to our ideas, but they roam the Soldier a bit more than I would like (it gets him killed a lot) and their squads aren't as tightly knit. They don't have the harrassment group like us. I can usually afford to be a bit more aggressive, considering I'll have Milk and Candy Cane. Michael, on midfight, will have to get out quick, take out their Sniper, and then target the Soldier. Luis should target the Medi/Heavy combo, I'll go for picks on the Demo, but if he gets one lucky pipe, I'm dead. Epsilon at first needs to spy check all possible entrances as soon as possible. While our engineer sets up shop, he needs to look behind him and check for their spy.

'Nother edit: My buddy (Deadline99) will be our engineer if Blue can't do it. He's pretty good at it. I'm currently teaching him what he needs to do (i.e. when to combat engi vs. when to tank)

Yeah, i could be engie. He's one of my better classes along with heavy.

Brilliant. ;)

So my main role would be to keep Spies away from the Engineer and to keep projectiles away from the Scout?