Rock vs EDM

Whcih one do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Whcih one do you prefer?

• Rock (Rock n' Roll, Metallic, Hard Rock, Thrash Rock, Progressive)
    • EDM (Techno, House, Trance, Minimal, Progressive, Tech)

Sign in to follow this  

Simple, which one do you prefer?

The movement in these genres has actually been very similar throughout time

(E.G. House-->Progressive House, Rock --> Progressive Rock)

and there seems to be a huge rivalry between the two going on.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I know but this is specifically "Which one you prefer" I want to know the winning side around the world.. :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I voted rock as well but I find House enjoyable. I really don't see much rivalry between the two, mainly because they're different genres of music, but I can understand the similarities in their history.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

In the modern age they are rivals especially for audiophiles/collectors. There is rarely any "pop", "rap", "hip-hop" collectors/audiophiles but these two genres dominate the market for audiophiles nowadays. The length and build of the classic tracks themselves resemble each other in the two genres. As a collector of EDM I enjoy some tracks which are 15-20 minutes long. The melody in both is not necessarily important and brilliant tracks can be seen without any melody. Most importantly if one loves, collects tracks of one genre there is scarcely any chance one will collect from the other, forming rivalries unintentionally through ignorance of tracks of the other genre hence if you are a devoted rock listener you know not much of edm, if you are a devoted edm listener you know not much of rock.

Generally I prefer rock, but I do have a soft side for good techno music now and then (then again, few people know how to use a synthesizer and impress me with what they can do).

Generally I prefer rock, but I do have a soft side for good techno music now and then (then again, few people know how to use a synthesizer and impress me with what they can do).

Name me one of your favourite techno tracks. :mrgreen:

Name me one of your favourite techno tracks. :mrgreen:

See, that'd be kind of hard since it's actually a track from the US TV show Beast Machines, and there was never an official or unofficial OST released for that show. There was a really good synthesizer track from it, too, that I occasionally cue up a clip just to listen to it.

A techno track that usually gets me pumped for a run is the Training Facility Fight track from the Godzilla Final Wars soundtrack, though. Not my favorite, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Now I'm 99% sure what you heard was definetly not Techno but synth-pop.

*shrug* whatever, I'm not an audiophile and usually don't give two shits about music genre. It all sounds like the same boring stuff after a while anyway.

*shrug* whatever, I'm not an audiophile and usually don't give two shits about music genre. It all sounds like the same boring stuff after a while anyway.

Do you mean any track you have ever heard yet? If that is so, then that is exactly the reason I became an audiophile. You see I was searching for music for a long time untill I stumbled unto underground selected EDM, that stuff has stood the test of time (I still listen regularly to tracks I started getting 2 years ago) unlike almost any other genre I have listened. But still, if you don't know what you listened to and it's electronic then don't just call it techno, it confuses poor teenagers...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey Dashypoo.

Anyway, probably EDM, by a small, tiny margin. I mostly listen to EDM but I still love rock. I just save that so the songs don't get worn out.

Hi Friend.

I guess I prefer rock, but I sometimes listen to BassDrive.