IEA announcement on climate change

Sign in to follow this  

I say,

If it is not possible to avoid the problem, find the solution.

which scientists regard as the limit of safety, then emissions must be held to no more than 450 parts per million (ppm) of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere;

Well, what comes to mind is to invent an artifical machine or mechanism to break down the carbon levels in the atmosphere faster then naturally. Tubes that could stick out from earth and attract carbon somehow, maybe trap it in a decomposition chamber and let out the harmless molecules on another end...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well, what comes to mind is to invent an artifical machine or mechanism to break down the carbon levels in the atmosphere faster then naturally. Tubes that could stick out from earth and attract carbon somehow, maybe trap it in a decomposition chamber and let out the harmless molecules on another end...
There are carbon dioxide "suckers" that could do just that. The problem lies in funding.

I thought so, well, tax the damn industry that destroys our environment :).

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Sorry, GE is too busy not paying taxes, under the direct pardon by Barack Obama

Hi Friend.

Sorry, GE is too busy not paying taxes, under the direct pardon by Barack Obama

Well, not exactly.

GE did get a pretty big "Green Jobs" tax break from Obama, but that's not the whole reason they "paid no taxes" (which isn't accurate either.)

See, like a lot of other corporations, GE lost billions in the 2008-9 crisis. And like corporations (and people,) they're allowed to apply losses against next year's taxes, for up to several years. So they did.

Meanwhile, GE paid all their usual $ millions in regular taxes and fees that aren't counted under "corporate income tax," Just like the 46% of people who "don't pay taxes" because they don't pay income tax still have to pay sales tax and gas tax and payroll tax and all those other happy little taxes that the government nickel-and-dimes us all with.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Another climate scare...

Look, environmentalists: we like our standard of living too much. We're not about to go back into the dark ages for your scaremongering and doomsday predictions. Human beings are the most adaptable creatures on the planet; if there's a problem, I'm sure we can find a solution that will make us not have to cut our standard of living. Tell us when you've got one. In the meantime, let's take a closer at the article:

"the world's foremost authority on energy economics..."--by who's standards?

"If the world is to stay below 2C of warming, which scientists regard as the limit of safety"--which scientists? I want names and citations!

"Meanwhile, an "unacceptably high" number of people – about 1.3bn – still lack access to electricity. If people are to be lifted out of poverty, this must be solved – but providing people with renewable forms of energy generation is still expensive."--hmm...nineteen percent of the earth's population to live with borderline acceptable living conditions or a "problem" to which we haven't seen any negative effects? I'm siding with the people.

"Another factor likely to increase emissions is the decision by some governments to abandon nuclear energy"--I agree. Nuclear energy is amazing! It's efficient and it's safe...but the environmentalists hate it the most.

""The US can't move (owing to Republican opposition)"--alright, now I'm pissed. Another, "it's all the Republican's fault!" article. STOP SCAPEGOATING; YOU'RE NOT BEING CLEVER

So, what have I learned? Well, the environmentalists hate humanity. Don't believe me? Then why do they hate nuclear energy? If they were honest and they really cared about the earth, they'd love it the most.

I say,

If it is not possible to avoid the problem, find the solution.

I agree. Wow ProHypster, I can't believe I just agreed with you...perhaps we can be friends!

I thought so, well, tax the damn industry that destroys our environment :).

LOLWUT

Seriously, though, I hate this damn double-standard. If I were to say, "it's the damn Jews! First they take all of our money and now they're ruining the environment! Let's tax 'em!", you'd call me crazy! I'd also probably be banned for hate speech after being called a Nazi! But...

If I were to say, "Those damn businessmen! First they take all our money and now they're ruining our environment! Let's tax 'em" I might even get some nods of agreement! This is what sickens me: businessmen have become the politically correct scapegoats of our generation.

Stop scapegoating and stop persecuting. Why can't we all just be friends?!

businessmen have become the politically correct scapegoats of our generation.

Businessmen are so last century - this century's villains are bankers! Next century's? Who knows, maybe bus drivers?

:D

Regards