22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rarely
    • I used to
    • I've tried, but failed

Sign in to follow this  

Just a thread about Lucid Dreams... I've recently stopped having them, and I've stopped remembering my dreams... after years of practice and having them almost every night... *sigh*

If you don't know, which is unlikely, a Lucid Dream is a dream where you're aware you're dreaming. This lets you control your environment, but you can do so much more than that. I won't go into detail because it'll make me sound like some kind of lunatic, but I'll say that you can ask yourself questions and get interesting answers...

The point of this thread? I don't know really, just post about lucid dreams! If you have any, say so. If you have an interesting one, or do something interesting in one, or want to talk about them, post here. The ulterior motive is I'm hoping me posting about this will trigger one... it's worked on other forums!

How did you practice?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

When I have a lucid dream normally I don't even know I'm in a dream, but I can fully control my actions or decitions... does that count?

How do you train yourself to have lucid dreams?

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

How did you practice?
How do you train yourself to have lucid dreams?

I started a dream journal and wrote down whatever I could remember in the mourning, and then I just kept trying. Eventually I started using the WILD technique, and other variations of that. Something else which helped a lot was hypnosis inside the dream itself. I just had a phone to my subconscious and told it I'd realize I'm dreaming in every dream... literally I did that a lot and it helped! :P

Holy moderator thread...

anyways, I don't remember my dreams any more never mind lucid dreaming. I used to have extremely bad night terrors (not nightmares) almost every night until I was about 10 though.

I've become lucid once or twice while having a nightmare.

Once I became somewhat aware while I was dreaming that a wedge tornado was approaching a car that I was rushing to get into. I became lucid a bit after it had gotten within a few feet of it, so I panicked and instinctively stopped the dream somehow.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I started a dream journal and wrote down whatever I could remember in the mourning, and then I just kept trying.

Also, perform frequent reality checks. They used that idea in "Inception" in the form of the totems, however you don't really need that. Just look at your hand, flex it and ask yourself if you're dreaming. Do this several times a day until it becomes a habit.

I started about 2 months ago and actually found myself doing it in a dream a couple of weeks ago. When I realized I was dreaming, I was so shocked I barely had time to have some fun and fly to a rooftop, before waking up.

I'll keep trying though ;)

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I started a dream journal and wrote down whatever I could remember in the mourning, and then I just kept trying.

Also, perform frequent reality checks. They used that idea in "Inception" in the form of the totems, however you don't really need that. Just look at your hand, flex it and ask yourself if you're dreaming. Do this several times a day until it becomes a habit.

I started about 2 months ago and actually found myself doing it in a dream a couple of weeks ago. When I realized I was dreaming, I was so shocked I barely had time to have some fun and fly to a rooftop, before waking up.

I'll keep trying though ;)

How did I forget about reality checks (DO ONE NOW! You might be reliving this in a dream right now! Pinch your nose, close your mouth, and try to breath!)? I must've had some kind of block D:

Holy moderator thread...

anyways, I don't remember my dreams any more never mind lucid dreaming. I used to have extremely bad night terrors (not nightmares) almost every night until I was about 10 though.

Night terrors can be traumatizing, I've heard.

Thankfully I remembered almost nothing. I only remember for the first one or two dreams. If my parents hadn't told me that I woke up in the middle of the night screaming I wouldn't have known. Overall my dreams suck, I tried to lucid dream for a while but I just forget in the end.

Man, how badly I wanted to lucid dream. I just couldn't do it.

I kept a dream journal, I tried to remember them, but I just couldn't. It happens maybe twice a year, if I'm lucky nowadays.

It's rare that I go a night without having a lucid dream. The only times where I don't have them are when I'm very stressed out about something, and I think that may just be an issue of focus. I tend to go through phases with my dreams, and am currently going through a super powers faze, where I always have some sort of ability and get to use it in amazing ways. I love the dreams where I can fly, because they always feel so realistic, especially when I fly low near long-stretches of open-road.

I dunno what I can give for pointers without repeating what's been said. For me, and I guess I'm lucky here, things just clicked at a really young age for me. People say it helps to tell yourself that you'll remember the dream.

Like the only dream that I can remember clearly was that fucking weird dream I shared in the dream Sharing thread. I guess it was lucid. At least I think I was controlling my actions for the first part anyways. The second part was like I was watching a movie. I find it helps me if I eat something really weird before I go to bed. Isn't some sorta vitamin supposed to help you dream? Damn I really hope I dream tonight.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

It's rare that I go a night without having a lucid dream. The only times where I don't have them are when I'm very stressed out about something, and I think that may just be an issue of focus. I tend to go through phases with my dreams, and am currently going through a super powers faze, where I always have some sort of ability and get to use it in amazing ways. I love the dreams where I can fly, because they always feel so realistic, especially when I fly low near long-stretches of open-road.

I dunno what I can give for pointers without repeating what's been said. For me, and I guess I'm lucky here, things just clicked at a really young age for me. People say it helps to tell yourself that you'll remember the dream.

Yeah, I feel the same when I have lucid dreams, they feel realistic as all hell. I love my fantasy.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I've never in my life had a lucid dream. I do, however, get a lot of half dreams, if you will. I'm not fully asleep, but my mind is attempting to dream, and it leads to a very uncomfortable situation. to give one example was when I first started playing WoW. The following night after starting the sub was one of these dreams. I was aware that I was in bed yet at the same time I was dreaming I was playing the game. I have control of my muscles, and can feel myself turning in bed, shifting, etc. The problem with these dreams though is I have 0 control over them, I don't even feel as if I'm part of the dream, more like I'm watching it like a television show. But unlike a show or ordinary dream, it's not progressive. It loops a short "scene" over and over and over. the only real way to stop these and get any sleep is to actually fully pull myself out of sleep, get up, maybe get something to eat/drink, use the bathroom, then lay back down and manually force myself to think about something so my mind doesn't drift back into that state.

I usually wake up the next morning feeling awful. These go on consistently for about 2-3 weeks before I enter an actual period of comfortable deep sleeps in which I don't remember the dream. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

On occasion my dreams will become lucid. It usually happens when I figure out "Oh shit, this is a dream!" but it doesn't stop, so I continue to influence everything. One thing I've noticed with my lucid dreams is that I can't change the setting or environment of the dream, but I can affect what happens inside the environment.

How does one train oneself to have lucid dreams???

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time