Half-Life Mods

Sign in to follow this  

So I just got the Half Life 1 anthology. But since I have already played the game I want to try out some mods. Does anyone know of some good mods to play?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember playing some strange but not too bad single player mods for HL1 many years ago. Point of View was one where you played as a Vortigaunt, and Quantum Leap, which appeared to be a collection of 'short stories' bound together.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Point of View was one where you played as a Vortigaunt

Ripping off Half-Life: Decay's extra story? Shame on you

I really recommend to get the mod that replicates the ps2 only Gearbox release known as Half-Life: Decay.

http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/?content=files&sub=decay

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Huh!? I believe I played the Decay mod based on the PS2 version a while back, and from what I've read there is a bonus co-op mission where you play as two vortigaunts, but aside from that from what I can tell the similarity ends there (although I may try to find some video to double check that). I really think you should actually read or even play the mod you're talking about before making the frankly ridiculous generalisation that because you're playing as a Vortigaunt it's 'ripping off' the other game. Good grief!

EDIT: I've just watched part of a video on the Vortigaunt part of Decay, and I stand by my assertion that Point of View is completely different barring the fact that you play as a vortigaunt.

Huh!? I believe I played the Decay mod based on the PS2 version a while back, and from what I've read there is a bonus co-op mission where you play as two vortigaunts, but aside from that from what I can tell the similarity ends there (although I may try to find some video to double check that). I really think you should actually read or even play the mod you're talking about before making the frankly ridiculous generalisation that because you're playing as a Vortigaunt it's 'ripping off' the other game. Good grief!

EDIT: I've just watched part of a video on the Vortigaunt part of Decay, and I stand by my assertion that Point of View is completely different barring the fact that you play as a vortigaunt.

jeez, take it easy, i know the vortigaunt thing is just a bonus mission, i was just joking that the creator of the Point of View mod may have had some "inspiration" due to this bonus mission of HL: Decay, thats all :P

jeez, take it easy, i know the vortigaunt thing is just a bonus mission, i was just joking that the creator of the Point of View mod may have had some "inspiration" due to this bonus mission of HL: Decay, thats all :P

Sorry, the lack of emoticons in your post meant I didn't interpret your statement as a joke. >-

I sometimes have a rather strong hatred of generalisations like 'all Americans are stupid' and so on and so forth. :P

Life's End

Afraid of Monsters: Directors Cut

They Hunger

to name a few good ones

Cry of Fear is one I've been looking forward to for a while, release date is next February, doesn't even look like a goldsrc mod at all.

village30001.JPG

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Talking about mods that look nothing like Goldsrc, Heart of Evil: Napalm edition is really good and veeeeery nice looking.

28666.jpg

Sven Co-op is a mod that let's you play Half Life, Opposing Force, and a variety of custom campaigns cooperatively with friends and online. The site is here and the latest version can be downloaded here.

This mod is a load of fun with friends, the difficultly has really been ramped up and the actually mod itself drips with quality. I highly recommend it if you have friends to play it with. ;)

i played They Hunger once. Quite good mod. Top 10 for Machinima.com

http://www.moddb.com/mods/they-hunger

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Afraid of Monsters

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Can you get any of the mods for HL:S, do they already work with them, or do they need the original Half Life?

Well seeing as it's a different engine you need the original Half Life to play the HL mods. Half Life is Goldsrc and Half Life: Source is well... Source engine.

Cry of Fear has been out for a couple weeks now, it already had a few patches and the mod seems fairly stable now, worth checking.