official halo thread

Sign in to follow this  

before we get started, a few rules are necessary.

First: follow the rules of the forums, this is a no-brainer.

Second: do not advertise your clan here, also do not brag over "amazing" kill streaks or personal skill.

Third:please, do not come here to troll. trolling includes (but is not limited to): bragging, insulting, rudeness, sarcasm, and anything else not welcomed. do not feed trolls.

Fourth: have fun and follow the rules!

Been playing it since Halo 1 hit the PC. Halo 1's multiplayer is pretty much ireplaceable to me, but I think they really hit their stride with Reach. Hoping they'll expand the armory one of these days.

Yeah, I hope they do as well; most of the armor they have in the armory right now is just okay, nothing exceptional.

I'm looking forward to the Defiant map pack. The Noble maps were better than the maps that shipped with the game, and I'm hoping Defiant is more of the same.

I downloaded the Noble maps, but I actually have not gotten an opportunity to play an actual match on any of them, only explored 'em in Forge so far.

I would suggest you play the specific playlist if the Noble maps, but that playlist is just okay. To really get a good game in the Noble maps you have to get them randomly in regular matches, which doesn't happen a whole lot.

Played 1&2. I really liked them, but then bungie had to go all greedy and make it xBox exclusive, and since i am a PC gamer the franchise ended at halo 2 for me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have too much to rave about Halo to put here, so I'll just go yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also: They can't expand the armory via DLC. Oh well; not that big of a deal to me.

I've played Halo 1 in single player on the PC, and got Halo 2 fairly recently to play more of the single player campaign.

Unfortuantely, whilst my copy of Halo 2 is a normal boxed copy, my copy of the original Halo was from a friend, and I can't for the life of me find a new legit copy online (for a reasonable price, it's an old game) that ships to the UK. If anyone knows of anywhere that does I'd appreciate knowing, it's worth my money if I can find it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

If I had a PC version lying around, I'd send one your way, but I only have a Mac version (which I'm holding on to for myself >_>).

Sorry.

If my name wasn't a dead give-away, me and halo go way back. My '01 copy of Combat Evolved still gets a lot of playtime. I still think the original hit the nail on the head the best, establishing what it means to be Halo. 2 fleshed out the story that the books had established, and was still a great game. 3, while a "good" game compared to random shooter #12, it was overhyped imo and is, again imo, the worst halo. Reach really revitalized halo for me, I loved its phenomenal single player campaign and the fantastic multiplayer. To me, Reach was a fitting swan song for Bungie. I also have Halo Wars. i didn't like the singleplayer, although the CG scenes were amazing, but its multiplayer really captivated me. Wars could use a sequel, too bad about Ensemble.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I've played Halo 1 in single player on the PC, and got Halo 2 fairly recently to play more of the single player campaign.

Unfortuantely, whilst my copy of Halo 2 is a normal boxed copy, my copy of the original Halo was from a friend, and I can't for the life of me find a new legit copy online (for a reasonable price, it's an old game) that ships to the UK. If anyone knows of anywhere that does I'd appreciate knowing, it's worth my money if I can find it.

I can make an ISO of my disk, and put it on a private torrent for you if you want... I rarely play anymore, and never online. Just PM me if you're interested.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I can make an ISO of my disk, and put it on a private torrent for you if you want... I rarely play anymore, and never online. Just PM me if you're interested.

I've got a copy of it, I was after a legit copy.

Thanks anyway though.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I've got a copy of it, I was after a legit copy.

Thanks anyway though.

It is a legit copy, all the DRM stuff would still be in place. Literally the same as handing you the disk. (especially since I never registered, never intend to, and don't play it anymore) You'd probly have to DL a nocd patch or something though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I got Halo 1 on x-box when i was a young kid i have dreams at night of coming out of the escape pod and looking out at the amazing world that was halo. LONG live Halo!