Printers Suck

Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone ever had a consistently good experience with printing? I haven't. They're full of convoluted software, bugs in that software, odd quirks that seem to only be there to piss you off, they're expensive (ink adds up fast), the hardware is just as prone to screwing up, and often slow even when it does work. In short:

WUUptX0i55g

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

The last printer my family used I swear had a demon's soul locked up inside of it. The main problem was that whenever a job was sent to it you had to unplug and replug it in a couple of times since it was unresponsive even when operating it with the buttons. There were others like it never aligning the cartridges right the first time, paper jams, spewing out multiple blank pages, stopping suddenly in the middle of printing, etc. Even just downloading the driver alone it came with crapware. When it drove my sister to tears one morning we knew it was time for a replacement.

Since we kept it as a backup I am unable to take out my years of frustration on it with an axe. :evil:

The printers at my school are more or less the embodiment of pure evil! I had to print out a project that was due at the end of the day yesterday and the first printer I used didn't turn on. I went to the library to use the printer there but that one kept on printing out a fact sheet about North Carolina! I had to go to my teachers office and use her printer. This seems to happen everytime someone has something important to print out.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

WUUptX0i55g

Heh, that film's great. :lol:

If anyone's not seen this film before, it's quite amusing and called Office Space. :)

EDIT: Wow, I just switched on Transcribe Audio, it typically gets everything bar one phrase hilariously wrong. :lol:

As for actual experience, I have a nice Samsung printer here on my desk that has yet to let me down and withstands much punishment of heavy books and other objects being stored on it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I have some old HP printer, it doesn't print in the best quality but it does what I tell it to do, so no complaints here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had a lot of printers in my life. They are disposable items to me.

Since I started working though, most of my printing is done in the office, so lately I have not had the need to buy a new printer.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I have an older cannon that isn't particularly good for color printing but can print quite a lot in grayscale/black and white. I have most of my issues with the more advanced newer print/fax/scanner in one. As it doesn't do any particular one very well.

I hate printing. I bloody hate it.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST