Napoleon Dynamite

Sign in to follow this  

Vote for Pedro.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm not even going to watch the TV show, it looks too wacky and too Seth McFarlaney for me. Though I loved the movie. I will not say its hilarious for 2 reasons: the humor only works because its so subtle, and anyone who watches the movie thinking its going to be hilarious will hate the movie (this has happened to many of my friends).

I loved how its a sort of muted, believable, undramatic love story adventure movie. It just gets you so wrapped up in the emotions of the characters, if only because the characters them selves barely show it, if that makes any sense. If you weren't applauding for Napoleon after the dance, something must be wrong with you. The idea of a guy standing up for his only true friend (through thick and thin) and his dream girl by doing the only thing he can, throwing caution to the wind despite whatever the consequences may be, only to miraculously pull it off in the end because the people believe in him. That is a theme that has been passed throughout ages, and has never been so relatable.

Oh, and the music is excellent, and is probably now stuck in your head. I can tell that we are gonna be friends...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I loved the movie. The time machine and campaign skit, I was bagging up. Oh, and

"I caught you a delicious bass."

I have high expectations for the show, though I doubt they'll be met... :|

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Fuck yes!

2cgy71l.jpg

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

I loved the movie. The time machine and campaign skit, I was bagging up. Oh, and

"I caught you a delicious bass."

I have high expectations for the show, though I doubt they'll be met... :|

You and me both.

Also known as "Username"

I think I might have been happier without the knowledge of a Napolean Dynamite TV show.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.