Project Mayhem 2012

Sign in to follow this  

Because this thread has no purpose, Project Mayhem 2012 fails epically, the only posts here are people saying P.M. 2012 how it's a stupid idea, and you posting spam of walls of text/images/videos/links and trying to defend P.M. 2012.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't think this thread is doing any harm where it is, personally. The spam walls of text...I doubt even the OP has read them all, they're just copy-pasta'd from other sources anyway. Linking to the original sources and discussing them would be better assuming anyone has actually managed to read them all through.

I myself think there are better endeavours worth focussing on...like learning to code! :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Because this thread has no purpose, Project Mayhem 2012 fails epically, the only posts here are people saying P.M. 2012 how it's a stupid idea, and you posting spam of walls of text/images/videos/links and trying to defend P.M. 2012.

The walls of text i post are not spam, it is all relevant.

Still no reason to lock the thread, honestly. As long as he keeps this within this thread, it causes no problem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im all for revolution and rebellion and all that, but I need two things:

1. A good reason

2. A better way than acting like a dumbass in the middle of the street to prove absolutely nothing.

"Life sucks sober!"

Personally I just don't support Anon and it's works, and I simply do not care enough to read through their whole plan or reasoning behind it or whatever. I mean seriously, what is the POINT of Project Mayhem? And don't give me a whole bunch of links and a wall of text, I want a simple condensed answer. And regardless, I seriously doubt Anonymous has a good enough reason to convince me to care, anyway.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Personally I just don't support Anon and it's works, and I simply do not care enough to read through their whole plan or reasoning behind it or whatever. I mean seriously, what is the POINT of Project Mayhem? And don't give me a whole bunch of links and a wall of text, I want a simple condensed answer. And regardless, I seriously doubt Anonymous has a good enough reason to convince me to care, anyway.

If i could give you a simple answer i would but i simply don't know how to.

If it's an ARG it's harmless, contains puzzles and may be interesting and entertaining. If it's intended to be some sort of serious movement it's far too theatrical and intended to sucker in the weak minded who instantly fall for these dramatic machinations.

Anyway, to requote my original question:

And do the letters in 'TYLER' stand for anything in particular?

If it's an ARG it's harmless, contains puzzles and may be interesting and entertaining. If it's intended to be some sort of serious movement it's far too theatrical and intended to sucker in the weak minded who instantly fall for these dramatic machinations.

Tyler The Creator obviously.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

2. A better way than acting like a dumbass in the middle of the street to prove absolutely nothing.

It's to find others! That's why you do it!

Ok, and then what? My little brother did this with his theater-class last summer, its not really gonna do anything but give you a couple of confused and possibly amused people who happens to be nearby.

"Life sucks sober!"

TYLER is a reference to Tyler Durden.

Fight club has SO MUCH misaimed fandom...

The whole point of Fight Club was that Durden is an asshole, and his 'cure' is worse than the disease. I think you'd have to be spectacularly stupid to embrace that which is mocked so obviously by the film.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Fight club has SO MUCH misaimed fandom...

The whole point of Fight Club was that Durden is an asshole, and his 'cure' is worse than the disease. I think you'd have to be spectacularly stupid to embrace that which is mocked so obviously by the film.

Finally someone else who gets it! Thank you!

"Life sucks sober!"

I've never actually seen the film so I have no idea who the guy is. Hell he could have even been real for all I knew. I guess I need to watch Fight Club, I've heard it's pretty decent anyway.

I've never actually seen the film so I have no idea who the guy is. Hell he could have even been real for all I knew. I guess I need to watch Fight Club, I've heard it's pretty decent anyway.

While not bad, I think it's overrated, most especially by its misaimed fandom.

You've got Brad Pitt at his hunkiest and Edward Norton at his all-Americanest, two white guys looking ripped and tough and macho, doing macho things and bringin' down "the man, dude!" With big explosions!

Theaters full of young white guys looked at that movie and identified with the young white guys they've been trained to identify with, and missed the point train entirely.

Why is a certain type of person (the same type that uses the term "sheeple" without irony) drawn to it? Because it's part action movie, so Dudebros can watch it without their friends thinking they're... you know... that way. :roll: And it has TEH TWIST ENDING!!1one1!! I totally didn't see that coming, dude!! OMGWTFBBQ!! Nobody 3vah did that be4! Whodaphuk is O. Henry?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

While not bad, I think it's overrated, most especially by its misaimed fandom.

You've got Brad Pitt at his hunkiest and Edward Norton at his all-Americanest, two white guys looking ripped and tough and macho, doing macho things and bringin' down "the man, dude!" With big explosions!

Theaters full of young white guys looked at that movie and identified with the young white guys they've been trained to identify with, and missed the point train entirely.

Why is a certain type of person (the same type that uses the term "sheeple" without irony) drawn to it? Because it's part action movie, so Dudebros can watch it without their friends thinking they're... you know... that way. :roll: And it has TEH TWIST ENDING!!1one1!! I totally didn't see that coming, dude!! OMGWTFBBQ!! Nobody 3vah did that be4! Whodaphuk is O. Henry?

Is this film cheap?