Project Mayhem 2012

Sign in to follow this  

Lets try and not be too much of a dick, mmk?

Ok, I'll increase my insult level so as to not be quite as insulting to those that aren't part of Anon.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Okay, that last bit was a llittle much. Fixed.

But clearly, the anon who came up with the previously quoted message is ignorant of social insects AND has no idea what "post-scarcity" actually means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_scarcity

You can't have a post-scarcity economy, because we haven't INVENTED most of the stuff we would need for it yet (and incidentally, invention is and has always been primarily driven by a desire for profit.)

In fact, if the economy collapses the way they seem to want it to, what will result will be EXTREME scarcity, exactly the opposite of what is intended.

This fact is the biggest insult here is this anon's insult to intelligence. I recognize no ethical obligation to respect or tolerate such... rather the reverse, actually.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

You almost make it seem like you believe this would actually have any impact on economy whatsoever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You almost make it seem like you believe this would actually have any impact on economy whatsoever.

You mean Project Mayhem, or Project Mayhem actually succeeding?

The first - no, it's useless. It will only hurt those foolish enough to take it seriously.

The second - if in some world where alien space bats actually came along and gave them the ability to achieve their goals, the results would be nothing less than craptacular.

But just because a stupid idea appears harmless, that is no reason not to explain that it is a stupid idea, and should not be supported.

You don't let a known psychotic stop taking his meds just because he hasn't stabbed anyone YET.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Alien space bats... I plan on making them later...

I still don't get why people think that Anon is worth more than /b/...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.