Dead Island Game Review By:Very7684 (Spoiler Alert)

Let me start by saying Dead Island is fucking fantastic

You start the game on the island of Banoi where, unknown to you, a zombie outbreak has occured

Upon completing the tutorial stage of the game you are thrusted into the open world game with mere sticks to defend yourself with against the zombie hoards.

The game revolves around the four main characters, Sam B, Logan, Purna, and Xian, who are all immune to infection because of their 0 negative blood type.

You go through the game helping many different people out with like every task you could think of from fetching gas, to killing somones family. Along with the main plot of course which revolves around you finding the source of the virus. The game will take you to the beach of the island, to the cities, to the jungle, and all the way out at sea to a prison.

Anyway let me touch on some other things in this review. For one thing the combat is very likable and fluent, with many different weapons and strategies available to you. Weapons vary from Brass knuckles, to Police Batons, all the way up to Assualt Rifles and Explosives. Sadly for you though, unless you are purna or an extremely high level in the first quarter of the game you won't see any guns....but that's okay 'cause you still have that there Barbed Wire Bat.

The crafting system is also the best I have seen. Throughout the game you will find schematics and blueprints which allow the possible creation of new weaponry if you have things like a phone or a rag on hand. These weapons of course vary for all types of weaponry you can make them with, all the way from a bladed set of knuckles to a knife that explodes when thrown into an enemy.

Is Dead Island a great game? yes it is

Is it worth getting? yes it is

Was this a meager review? I think it was

but I digress, the game is fantastic and it appeals to every zombie killing style you could ever want, and more.

You want a cheap zombie hack and slash game that offers many hours of gameplay, and has a new game + feature?

You want a game that appeals to your personal style of combat, featuring your characters own personal skill tree?

You want a overall fun game that you should not miss for the sake of your life?

Then buy the fucking game...it's worth it a million times over

Gameplay- 10/10

Combat- 9/10

Main Plot- 10/10

Overall Appeal- 10/10

Controls- 8/10

-Very7684

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Review isn't very well structured and explains barely anything. Also has spelling mistakes and grammar errors everywhere, needs work.

I'm not convinced of it. From what I've seen of it, and from what I've heard from friends and from Zero Punctuation, it is far from the best game for me to spend money on.

Do remember, Yahtzee is a critic, not a reviewer. What he does is criticize, he points out every flaw of the game and focuses on them. So I wouldn't judge a games based on how its presented on Zero Punctuation(I really just watch em for the comedy).

Personally, I was kind of excited from the trailer because I thought the game would take a serious approach to zombies. But from what I've heard it doesn't do it that well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I plan on playing this once I upgrade, though I'll probably use mods. I like the idea of a survival setting where it's more in your interest to avoid hordes of zombies rather than try and mow down every one you can find.

I plan on playing this once I upgrade, though I'll probably use mods. I like the idea of a survival setting where it's more in your interest to avoid hordes of zombies rather than try and mow down every one you can find.

Yeah, I agree it's an intriguing concept. But so far I'm not sure the execution is done well...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Personally, I was kind of excited from the trailer because I thought the game would take a serious approach to zombies. But from what I've heard it doesn't do it that well.

It doesn't do that at all. Just think Borderlands with zombies if you want to imagine what the game is like, it's one of the reasons why I now hate CGI hype trailers.

It's also a total piece of crap on the PC.

Surprising. I found it to be very addictive (spent over 50 hours on it until I finished it) and surprisingly complex. I've read that "Borderlands with zombies" statement elsewhere (perhaps you said it in another thread?), but since I've not played Borderlands, I don't know how to judge that.

For me, it was like a real zombie survival experience: you had to work hard at getting the things you needed, customizing weapons, running deep incursions into specific locations (resort, beaches, sewers, police station, etc.) or sometimes just wandering around and bashing every single piece of crap undead that you could find (thugs were my favorite, I liked to run them over with my truck, get back and hit them again).

I will say that some of the finer points are difficult to pick up (just because they are never really mentioned to you), like the "flying kicks" (you know, running, jumping and kicking in mid-air, sends the zombies flying), or the "dodge" moves (jumping sideways to avoid charging enemies), or the importance of leveling up certain abilities (like kicking the zombies head in when they are down, for my character). Also, some of the cutscenes (specially near the end) could have used a little more work, and the ending itself was a bit anti-climatic, but overall I really liked that game. I even made this video.

T9e8Kz5BOcA

And yes, I was talking to myself in a suspiciously Freeman-ish fashion as I recorded that. Ross has corrupted my gameplay forever :lol:

Also, there is already a thread about this, perhaps it would be a good idea to merge this one?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I've read that "Borderlands with zombies" statement elsewhere

It's probably everywhere because it's so obvious, the co-op, the "open world", the bad writing, the lackluster story. Except Borderlands had a cool artistic style.

Well, Dead island has really impressive graphics.

I'm sensing there's nothing I could say to change your mind (and believe me, it will be a cold day in hell before I change mine), so I'll say to all zombie fans, this is a great survival game. And if you are a wimpy and borderline OCD player as I am, you'll really enjoy the 70 plus side quests available, the huge maps (they're really, really big) and the undiluted carnage.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

My main pet peeve with this game is that I will occasionally go back over areas I just cleared 3 minutes prior, and the zombies will spawn right on top of me... Usually as I'm trying to get back to a safe zone because of low health...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

sorry about this review guys, I was rushing

thanks for replying anyway

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.