Valve's THIRD

Sign in to follow this  

Hello to all. I just had this crazy thought that popped into my head. What if Portal 3 and Half-Life 2: Episode THREE are one and the same?

It is stated that in episode 3, Freeman and Alyx investigates the information that Mossman had about the Borealis-an Aperture Science ship that contains some lost secret. Well, what if when Freeman boards that ship, and it turns out that the inside of it is some kind of a testing facility, then Freeman would get himself a PORTAL GUN! By then, Episode Three might have some Portal-like gameplay or something! Also, it would be cool if the Portal and Half-life storyline would merge into one at some point. I think that this would be a possibility in the future, right?

Hello to all. I just had this crazy thought that popped into my head. What if Portal 3 and Half-Life 2: Episode THREE are one and the same?

It is stated that in episode 3, Freeman and Alyx investigates the information that Mossman had about the Borealis-an Aperture Science ship that contains some lost secret. Well, what if when Freeman boards that ship, and it turns out that the inside of it is some kind of a testing facility, then Freeman would get himself a PORTAL GUN! By then, Episode Three might have some Portal-like gameplay or something! Also, it would be cool if the Portal and Half-life storyline would merge into one at some point. I think that this would be a possibility in the future, right?

Who knows what could happen. I do believe though that Portal 2 is apparently set several hundred years after Portal 1. That might affect things.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah, I forgot about that part. Half-Life 2, however is set 30+years after 1, I think? So maybe some kind of catching up will occur. I'm really interested whether Freeman and Chell would meet, or at least have a connection or anything

Yeah, I forgot about that part. Half-Life 2, however is set 30+years after 1, I think? So maybe some kind of catching up will occur. I'm really interested whether Freeman and Chell would meet, or at least have a connection or anything

I believe Half-Life 2 is only set around ten years after the first game. I have no idea how Freeman meeting Chell might work (both seem to be silent protagonists ).

Only 10 years, really? So it's quite a gap between the two game setting. Sigh. Well if Freeman and Chell would meet, Alyx should be there to break the ice. Man, I would love to see that scene

Only 10 years, really? So it's quite a gap between the two game setting. Sigh. Well if Freeman and Chell would meet, Alyx should be there to break the ice. Man, I would love to see that scene

I'm not entirely sure there's any real indication as to when Portal is set. You never really see anything that can give the player a good idea as to what year it is. I could be wrong though.

Those are some crazy thoughts you are having.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Portal 3?

I doubt it, but not impossible I suppose.

Just a speculation, though. Nothing really big is known about episode 3. Valve really makes it top secret

Just a speculation, though. Nothing really big is known about episode 3. Valve really makes it top secret

It's what they do. When they decide to release information about it, we'll all know.

Speculations... speculations...

Until we actually know anything it could be a casual Pong-clone for all we know.

True, this is all mere speculation, however it is highly improbable that it will be a 'casual Pong-clone'.

Who knows what could happen. I do believe though that Portal 2 is apparently set several hundred years after Portal 1. That might affect things.

I think your a bit wrong with those years. I think its only like 5-10 years between P1 and P2. Because think about main char, how could she survive 100 years ? humans dont live that long.

I think your a bit wrong with those years. I think its only like 5-10 years between P1 and P2. Because think about main char, how could she survive 100 years ? humans dont live that long.

She was kept in stasis. It was in the Gameinformer article on Portal 2.

I doubt it will happen like you said(with freeman getting an portal gun n all). Though i am sure that there will some kind of connection between Portal 2/3 and Half life 2: Episode 3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm pretty sure Valve isn't going to merge the two series together. Yeah, they are set in the same universe, but not everyone is a fan of both Portal and Half-Life, so if Chell meets Gordon or anything like that, Portal and Half-life fans alike, (if the latter/former isn't a fan of the former/latter,) are both going to have no idea what's going on.

However, Gordon getting a portal gun would probably be alright, even if players havn't played Portal, however, people would probably feel that it's out of place and I highly doubt any of this is going to happen anyway.

I'm pretty sure there will be a connection between the two games though. There already has sort of been anyway. Aperture Science was mentioned in Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Black Mesa was mentioned in Portal several times.

Besides, I certainly would not like a portal gun in Half-Life. Like I said, it would be out of place and, all of a sudden, Half-life has gone from a shooting game to a puzzle game. I'm sure no one would like that. However, if you only used it once and then it's taken away, I would be completely fine with that.

I believe Half-Life 2 is only set around ten years after the first game. I have no idea how Freeman meeting Chell might work (both seem to be silent protagonists ).

Actually Hl2 is 20 years after the first one because Alyx was 5 or 6 when she was saved by Gman. Then, Gordon was kept in stasis for 20 years by the Gman making Alyx and Gordon close to the same age. Gordon is 28 and Alyx is 25.