Epic Games going back to the PC?

Zenimax allowed Carmack to release iD Tech 4's source code for free, if they aren't letting iD Tech 5 get licensed they are being incredibly dumb, like most other brains behind publishing companies.

Zenimax allowed Carmack to release iD Tech 4's source code for free, if they aren't letting iD Tech 5 get licensed they are being incredibly dumb, like most other brains behind publishing companies.

They'll release the source code after they've made iD Tech 6, and-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-12-id-tech-5-only-for-bethesda-titles

I for one am glad, I don't want that piece of shit being used for potentially good games. At least all Beth published games are all terrible anyway.

I for one am glad, I don't want that piece of shit being used for potentially good games.

Who are you to judge? Even if you are a programmer you know absolutely nothing about this engine's inner workings. Hell can you even tell whether the rendering engine is acting up or the drivers that handle its communication with the hardware? I know I can't.

Besides, all software that has a source code available is redeemable because it can be fixed and improved.

Actually Brink was using the id Tech 5 engine before Rage. Brink has never given me any issues, runs like melted butter, and looks better than UT3 engine IMO.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I for one am glad, I don't want that piece of shit being used for potentially good games.

Who are you to judge? Even if you are a programmer you know absolutely nothing about this engine's inner workings. Hell can you even tell whether the rendering engine is acting up or the drivers that handle its communication with the hardware? I know I can't.

Besides, all software that has a source code available is redeemable because it can be fixed and improved.

Carmack's already said he's not supporting the PC, any upgrades will be fine-tuned for consoles.

Carmack's already said he's not supporting the PC, any upgrades will be fine-tuned for consoles.

I highly doubt he only has one codebase of the engine. At worst the PC arc will simply be left unchanged.

I saw in PC Gamer a confirmation that their PC exclusive is something entirely new, so it won't be Fortnite (I really hope that one ends up being cross platform then).

I thought Unreal 2 was pretty good actually
I consider the single player about on the level of Halo in terms of story and gameplay. I will say it had fantastic environments though. Unreal 1 was a really other-wordly experience however, it definitely paled against that. As for the music, I barely remember it, so I think that alone means it doesn't even come close to Unreal 1, which is easily one of my all-time favorite game soundtracks.

I first played the original Unreal about 4 months ago after a recommendation from a forum member, it's so weird to see how they went from that to Gears of War. I absolutely love it's colours and environments and it's sort of sad that in that sense it's quite unique as that setting doesn't seem to be touched on very much. I was quite surprised to see it launched before Half Life as it seems a lot more technologically advanced than it.

1998 must have been a brilliant year for the FPS genre.

I thought Unreal 2 was pretty good actually
I consider the single player about on the level of Halo in terms of story and gameplay. I will say it had fantastic environments though. Unreal 1 was a really other-wordly experience however, it definitely paled against that. As for the music, I barely remember it, so I think that alone means it doesn't even come close to Unreal 1, which is easily one of my all-time favorite game soundtracks.

Holy shit Ross, you're awesome.

Unreal 1 is still my all time favorite game and playing Unreal 2 is so bland. And that armor design has to be the worst designed armor i've ever seen in a video game.

Nice looking graphics though.

Now my fingers are crossed that after Fortnite that Epic will consider making Unreal 3.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."