The thing about goatee

Sign in to follow this  

I've checked goatee on Wikipedia and I've learnt that Freeman's facial hair style is not a goatee itself. If you're calling it like that, it's a mistake ;)

According to Wikipedia: Goatee refers to a style of facial hair incorporating hair on a man’s chin. The exact nature of the style has varied according to time and culture.

(...) Since the late 1990s, the term has been misused to refer to the style of facial hair called the Vandyke, a combination of a goatee and a mustache. This does not typically include the tuft just under the lip, more commonly referred to as the soul patch.

Vandyke style according to Wikipedia: A Van Dyke (also spelled Vandyck or Van Dyck) is a style of facial hair named after 17th century Flemish painter Anthony van Dyck.[1][2] A Van Dyke specifically consists of any growth of both a moustache and goatee with all hair on the cheeks shaven.[1] Even this particular style, though, has many variants, which range from a curled moustache versus a non-curled one and a soul patch versus none. (...)

This part is really interesting: It became popular in the United States in the 19th century.[2] Chicago Chronicle columnist Edith Sessions Tupper condemned this style, along with the goatee, as indicative of a man "who was selfish, sinister, and pompous as a peacock."

Ha!

Ringbaard.JPG Van Dyke diagram from Wikipedia

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Except Freeman does have a goatee.

oJOxn.png

"Since the late 1990s, the term has been misused to refer to the style of facial hair called the Vandyke, a combination of a goatee and a mustache." Yep, but I called a goatee both mustache and the beard and it's just the beard. Van Dyke is the proper name for Freeman's mustache and beard together...

They both got the same anathomy of nose.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I sometimes wonder how is it to have facial hair that you can shape on hundreds of ways! I guess this is male equivalent of make-up. And most of guys says make-up is not a manly thing... Because they have their own facial decoration ;) haha!

I've always found beards (but not the viking type beards, or the ass-long beards) attractive, long before I've heard about HL....

Same here. The right kind of beard can look really attractive.

I agree. All guys readig this should grow a Van Dyke or goatee if they don't have one. ;)

challenge accepted

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

challenge accepted

Haha! Put here your photo after you grow the beard :)

I already have this. All I'd have to do would be to shave the sides off my standard beard.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I already have this. All I'd have to do would be to shave the sides off my standard beard.

sure, and buy glasses ;)

sure, and buy glasses ;)

Well, buy NEW, more Freeman-style glasses. I already have glasses, as from decades of constant reading, I am nearsighted like a baws.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I have glasses, as from minutes of constant reading, I am nearsighted liked a assistant-manager.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So! where are the pictures of the forum Freeman clones, nearsighted like a baws assistant-manager?? :D

I wonder what I'd look like with a goatee. Sadly I have little facial hair and the facial hair I do have is for some reason white.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glue an artificial one to your chin ;)

So! where are the pictures of the forum Freeman clones, nearsighted like a baws assistant-manager?? :D

have you tried the "RL Pic Thread"? I'm on page 3.