Magic: The Gathering

Sign in to follow this  

Uh, not sure if this fits this subforum exactly. I mean, 90% of the threads in this one are videogaming, but its technically "gaming in general,"whatever, mods move this to off topic if you think it goes there.

Anyway, MTG general thread. Cards, decks, sets, storyline, games, have at it.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

but what about when they come on motorcycles?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

CARDGAMES.ON.MOTORCYCLES.

lq9IrIR5C28

and now for something on-topic...

for anyone that cares, probably my favorite deck I use is a red-green Zendikar deck built around landfall, lands as creatures, and the Avenger of Zendikar. Really fits the whole theme of the cards while being effective.

I've seen it many times but never played it myself.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I played it some in high school, then sold my collection. 10 years later a friend of mine is into it, whom I'm calling Patient Zero, and is eager to get a game going. Another one of my friends had his collection around from high school, so he brings it out, I borrow a simple deck and we end up playing some games. It reignites interest in the other friend and the next week he's buying a couple cards, I figure to round things out from his old deck. Around that time he moved, then later I moved and I lost contact for over a year. When I come back, he's moved back and now he has a LOT of cards and is having sessions regularly and has guest decks people can use. He's also indoctrinated his girlfriend into it (who never played it prior to being with him), and they're both borderline obsessive with it, talking about how much time they put into selecting the perfect cards for the decks they're using. He always gets quiet and tries to change the subject when I ask how much money he's sunk into it. Meanwhile, Patient Zero has a lot of really potent cards and did small tournaments for a while, and is trying to ween himself off of it, but I think he's like Frodo being the ringbearer, fighting the temptation to buy more. I think his influence alone has collectively caused the local game shop to have about $5000 or more than it would have if he never started.

As for me, I think it can be kind of fun, but no way in hell I'm going to sink the kind of money into it I've seen others do. I'll play with people I can bum decks from. I really do appreciate the artwork on a lot of the cards however. I'm definitely leaning towards buying a digital picture frame, going through a collection of high quality scans of the cards, crop the rest of the image, then put all the pictures I like on the picture frame that could randomly change.

I've only played it once, fairly recently. (Three or four months ago.)

It's pretty fun, but some people take it seriously. Luckily I haven't had the pleasure of playing with those people.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I played it for a few months, but then they started releasing cards that got rid of all the strategy that used to be in the game.

I usually ran one of two decks... A green/blue infect with a few unblockables/indestructables, or a blue/artifact infect deck designed to buff a few small infects to be unblockable 1-hit-killers. Beat a $250 sliver deck with my $7 blue/green infect... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I had pretty much sworn off cardgames after a certain age. I had collected Pokemon cards for the art and actually played Yugi-oh but nothing after that for several years until a close friend of mine who's been huge on the game for years finally manged to get me into it. I don't sink money into it, I have other vices for that :lol: but I like the strategy of it, find it fun, and enjoy the storylines to go along with the card sets.

Main reason I'm keeping my cards is because I can still play a decent strategy oriented game with my brother or nephew.

Nearly 3 years later, I haven't spent a single cent on new cards, but I did manage to get a card creator program that never used to work on my systems to run... I have now created a tentative 62 card (plus 4 tokens) expansion.

Here are the cards in JPG format... (you'll need 7Zip to open them) https://mega.co.nz/#!JpwynT4L!T7GT7wwb-Y4ReWjTsww6IS4yJqmpsUiyMi5zEoK_Wrg