The Post your desktop thread

That's intentional but I can change that for consistency.

And by downloaded brushes, those don't come standard with PS, but they've been around in various brush packs since at least CS3 if not earlier. I remember downloading the GIMP conversion and flat out raping my images with em. back before I knew simplicity can sometimes be better. XD

Edit: Line and dot reflect added.

The text bothers me... I might take it out completely.

Retired Forum Moderator

I find the gray at the bottom distracting. Could be just me but it might look better on full black.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol instead of constantly uploading here and wrecking the page, I'll link to it.

Well, I liked how it looked better without the text and I removed the grey. here's the result.

I might just leave it simple like this.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k539/onetwenty791/RarityBackground.jpg

It's empty but currently I can't think of anything to add without going overboard. :x

Edit: it just hit me how ironically appropriate it is that I'm stressing over all the details of a desktop about Rarity.

Editedit: as it looks applied to my desktop. I like it this way, think I'll leave it as is for now.

Desktop-1.png

Retired Forum Moderator

If this turns into ANOTHER pony thread I'm likely never returning to the FFA section...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I could have sworn I posted in here, but I guess I didn't. I have twelve pictures that are switched automatically

alkali.jpg

blackbirdsinfog.jpg

conductor.png

darkwood.jpg

milkywayw.png

mountainm.png

planets.jpg

simpleday.jpg

skyh.png

su27.jpg

treble.jpg

veteran.png

They come from various bits of everywhere. DeviantArt, Google, CGSociety, etc.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

WOW that's impressive.

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

That wide angle shot of the mountain range is from TF2 isn't it?

Love the one with the Dam and the Robot though.

Retired Forum Moderator

look at this awesome banner!

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

if you don't mind blue, i'm borrowing the yellow jet, and the foxhound. my weakness for planes i'm afraid. not to ask too much from anyone but..how do you make the images switch on your desktop as blue described, i'd like it to switch between those jets and maybe some band wallpapers, any help, as always, i'll appreciate. :)

if you're using Win 7, right click on desktop and go to personalize. At the bottom of that window is "desktop background" under there you can select multiple images and how long you want it to wait in before it changes the image.

Retired Forum Moderator

if this works i'll plus rep the shit out of you ;)

it's windows Xp, i'm sure it's similar, but it won't let me select multiple images... you probably have to hold down "ctrl + some other key" to select them...

Well, Win xp I don't think has that feature, but there is this which is supposed to do the same thing. Can't try it as the only XP in the house is dead.

Retired Forum Moderator

if this works i'll plus rep the shit out of you ;)

it's windows Xp, i'm sure it's similar, but it won't let me select multiple images... you probably have to hold down "ctrl + some other key" to select them...

Nope, doesn't work on Pre-Win7 OS's.

Hi Friend.

Well I've finally made a desktop background, I spent hours trying to make a Twilight Sparkle themed one without success but it only took one attempt and an hour to do this :|

afback.png