What Game do you prefer for Machinima

Sign in to follow this  

What machinima do you like/watch the most.

Source(half life, gmod, portal ect.)? Call of duty? Halo? Minecraft? Other?

As weird as this may sound i personally love runescape machinima(saywut?).

I don't know what it is, but somehow it is always funny.

Example of funny RS machinima:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxS7Nv_M2FE

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen a few Quake machinimas (the early stuff), but I have to be honest that the Source machinima I've seen is the best.

The fact that source machinima is so "easy" to make is great of course, but it also produces A LOT of VERY bad source videos that make no sense and just aren't funny. That kind of turns me off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen a few Quake machinimas (the early stuff), but I have to be honest that the Source machinima I've seen is the best.

The fact that source machinima is so "easy" to make is great of course, but it also produces A LOT of VERY bad source videos that make no sense and just aren't funny. That kind of turns me off.

I agree. But looking at Civil Protection... I don't think it would be as funny in any other engine or setting.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I agree. But looking at Civil Protection... I don't think it would be as funny in any other engine or setting.

I agree. But then again ross really puts lots of effort in to making these videos(i appreciate that). If you have games where you more or less HAVE to put effort in to making Machinima because it just isn't as easy, you will get more high quality Machinima.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally I like WoW machinimas, say what you will but the older ones were pretty good. It's on a low end right now cause all you get thes days are people who can sing a little who write songs... Regardless I love em

For actual full out machinimas I quite enjoy the flexibility that Source offers. All the custom content you can easily implement and the tools it provides are excellent features. Some Halo machinimas are quite funny too, but that all depends on the people. I also saw a bit of Far Cry 2 on Pure Pwnage once and it seemed alright considering you can make maps and such.

Source and WoW machinimas. The reason for source is obvious since people get creative with the limitless possibilities involving their engine. The reason for WoW, is because I see people pull off amazing stuff using simple video editing and /emoticons.

Retired Forum Moderator

Half Life 2 and GTA IV. I see a lot of of these on Youtube so I assume they are fun and easy to work with.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Source, WoW, and Torque Game Engine. (Torque = Tribes 2)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Halo 3/Reach and Source.

I'd like to see more Starcraft 2 machinima. It has so much potential.. I wanna see more with it.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I'm so proud no one has said Call of Duty, even with the mod tools, you can't make anything worth while.

I'm so proud no one has said Call of Duty, even with the mod tools, you can't make anything worth while.

YO GUYS I MADE A COOL CoD MACHINIMA "COOL 1337 KwiKsc0pe" YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT ON MY CHANNEL "xXsk84lyrfeXx"

Yo, I'm just messing with you CooL.

I think Half Life 2 has the best machinima tools, even though I myself can't make anything worthwhile.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."