'Bath Salts': The start of the zombie apocalypse?

Sign in to follow this  

My thoughts are that it's bullshit. Sure, it's a dangerous drug; but zombie apocalypse? Pffft. It's not an "uncontrollable outbreak of a deadly disease" ala Left 4 Dead or I Am Legend.

Plus, it's just a drug, not an infectious pathogen, which means that it can't have a widespread effect; and can be easily dealt with.

I wouldn't get worried about it if I were you.

As far as I can tell, these bath salts aren't contagious, even if people under the influence come into contact with others. The only way this could turn into a zombie apocalypse was if it was contagious. Do you think everyone in the world is trying this? Expecially after reading people talking about it possibly turning into a zombie apocalypse? Remember the Swine Flu? Or when all those birds were dying left and right? Or the countless times people flipped their shit because oceans of fish were dying? Show me a guy who killed a man by eating his face off, and that same man getting back up and eating another man, and another man, or a woman, a child, animals, even, then I might start to get worried. A couple druggies attacking people and acting stupid before passing out on the street? It's a problem, sure, but it's not a fuckin' zombie apocalypse.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

As far as I can tell, these bath salts aren't contagious, even if people under the influence come into contact with others. The only way this could turn into a zombie apocalypse was if it was contagious. Do you think everyone in the world is trying this? Expecially after reading people talking about it possibly turning into a zombie apocalypse? Remember the Swine Flu? Or when all those birds were dying left and right? Or the countless times people flipped their shit because oceans of fish were dying? Show me a guy who killed a man by eating his face off, and that same man getting back up and eating another man, and another man, or a woman, a child, animals, even, then I might start to get worried. A couple druggies attacking people and acting stupid before passing out on the street? It's a problem, sure, but it's not a fuckin' zombie apocalypse.

Ah, the sweet smell of denial. This is how it all starts a few little outbreaks and before long we have some maniac puttin Bath Salts in the church Kool-aid. BOOM Zombie Apocalypse.. Its a good thing we got the zombie plan thread so I can steal other peoples ideas.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Soon a cult will form that kidnaps people and forces them to use bath salts then let loose their army upon the world.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I think the best part about all of this is that the CDC came right out and said there is no virus that makes people act like zombies.

CDC, leaving me twice in one day. Lesson learned.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

In the highly unlikely event that there was some contagious zombie-like virus, I'd like to think people have the sense (and the experience of the MANY different forms of zombie media out there) to not make the usual mistakes that get everyone killed like going off alone, not alerting the appropriate authorities, and not fully ensuring any potential zombie is brought down, that sort of thing.

But no, it looks like this is just some sort of very potent drug that makes people go nuts. And in the event that it was something more than that, hopefully we'll never know BECAUSE it was successfully contained.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Try as I might, I can't seem to pull up the clip of John Travolta going on about how he and everybody loves bath salts. Truly this will bring about the zombie apocalypse, and be the best newsweek ever.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN AND TAKE YOUR BATH!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Ah, yes, Bath Salts. Crazy shit. What's excellent is that they're legal in the state of Queensland, where I live. Yay. Also, what I want to know is why, in the case of the Miami Face-Eater, were they both naked?

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Seems legit.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

I think I'm going to get myself a Lobo.

Prepare yourselves people, the time of reckoning is upon us! Buy a copy of ARMA II: combined operations, install the DayZ mod, and start polishing those zombie killing skills.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I think I'm going to get myself a Lobo.

Prepare yourselves people, the time of reckoning is upon us! Buy a copy of ARMA II: combined operations, install the DayZ mod, and start polishing those zombie killing skills.

Man, I should get a wolf too. I bet he'd be able to protect me from drug zombies... Have any of you ever played Final Fight: Streetwise? They predicted this. Except its Bath Salts instead of Glow