Gaming Mascots

Sign in to follow this  

I got to thinking about video game mascots like Mario, Link, and others. So here's a thread dedicated to the video game mascots. Which were/are your favorites?

Nintendo's Link of Zelda is probably my favorite or atleast the video game mascot I've kept up with this most.

Also here's an interesting video I found awhile back about video game mascots. Watch it if you haven't see it, its really fascinating.

M2wdN1YnGwM

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

We already have a thread about game heroes (and anti-heroes), but I'm not sure if that is the same thing.

Personally, I've grown disenchanted with the mascots of gaming. I tend to like the underdogs more. And with so many games coming out nowadays, there aren't that many mascots left.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Always have a soft spot for da Chief even if I consider his franchise over unless they give us another Halo Wars

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

We already have a thread about game heroes (and anti-heroes), but I'm not sure if that is the same thing.

Its not, Gaming Mascots are like characters that are memorable that represent a company Sonic with Sega, Mario with Nintendo, etc.

Heroes could be a gaming mascot or they could be the most generic action shooter guy that you forget about after beating the game.

Who remembers the Crash Pizza Hut commercials?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbYMZoF3QY

Anyway, I also remember Spyro as being a mascot for the original playstation, since the first three games were playstation only. Ever since then, Sony has had a ton of 'mascots' for their exclusive titles, I won't be bothered to list most of them out.

Only mascots I've ever cared for were Mario and Sonic. (the originals)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think the Sega vs Nintendo rivalry was truly the most interesting and entertaining and thats why I miss Sega in the console market. Not to mention really loved the Genesis.

I grew up with Crash Bandicoot for Playstation. I believe he was the 'unofficial' mascot but still. He's the mascot for me, anyway.

I didn't have the original playstation so I don't have that nostalgia for Crash Bandicoot. Crash did have a really good first game though, I played that one. The thing about Sony is they have alot of good exclusive titles, but not a whole lot of strong long lasting mascots.

Like Crash Bandicoot and the old mascots of playstation have kinda been replaced with Kratos, Nathan Drake or whatever other newer characters there are..

Yeah, the Genesis is one of the few consoles that I actually bought for real.

One of the first consoles I played, and I loved it. Games were much cheaper and I had so many games for it.