Planetary Annihilation

I feel this deserves a thread, it's from the company behind Super Monday Night Combat (a decent game), but it seems they have developers from the original Total Annihilation, as well as Supreme Commander and numerous other games on the team.

Anyway, the gameplay visualisation video looks awesome. If they can make it look and play like that it should be fantastic.

Here's the Kickstarter page:

They're already well on their way towards getting the $900,000 they want to make it. In fact, they've got $508,098 at the time of writing this post, and in only five days, roughly.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Looks like it might be a good game if it actually gets made.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Looks like it might be a good game if it actually gets made.

Well, at least funding does not look like it will be a problem. Whilst they still have around $350,000 to go, the money they've had pledged to them so far has been going up incredibly fast. If it maintains this rate of increase, I wonder just how much money they'll ultimately have pledged to them by the time the deadline is reached.

I don't know how Uber has handled Super MNC, but I really liked their work on the original MNC and the community-friendly vibe they had. This game looks promising.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I don't know how Uber has handled Super MNC, but I really liked their work on the original MNC and the community-friendly vibe they had. This game looks promising.

I've only ever played Super Monday Night Combat, and I found it pretty fun, as well as quite crazy.

Super MNC in a nutshell: The devs mean well and want the game to be the best it can be, but they're a 13-15 man team trying to churn out AAA quality. They're succeeding in that regard. People ignore this and write Super MNC off as a pay-2-win TF2 clone.

Edit: Trying to choose between buying Wrack, tipping a streamer I like or donating to this or some combination.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Funded successfully! They might even reach some of their stretch goals!

It's the final push now for those stretch goals in the last week:

Two of the five stretch goals have been reached so far, and all but one of them have been revealed so far (with the latest one being a 'Galaxy War' mode.

Currently on $1,351,626. I'm hoping it will reach all the stretch goals but the last couple seem doubtful, however the rate of increase in funds has picked up in the last day or so.

I saw someone relinquished their $15 pledge prize. Dropped on that shit.

I highly doubt it'll get to $1,800,000. Definitely $1,500,000, but unless their Paypal has about $250,000 kicking around, I doubt Galactic War will happen.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Well we can hope. I'm personally hoping there's LOADS in the Paypal account and that they'll easily smash through several hundred thousand but it's probably highly unlikely. :P

If everyone increased their pledge by $10 it would easily smash through the $1800000 stretch goal. Well, I can dream anyway. :lol:

It's over now, but amazingly they reached ALL their Kickstarter stretch goals, even the Documentary one!

Greatly looking forward to this game on release, oh yes.

I was going to be really annoyed until I read that some of these guys actually worked on Total Annihilation. Cool stuff!