Obscure but good console games

Sign in to follow this  

B.O.B what a LONG game, but fun. (Sega Genesis)

Bauldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2. (Gamecube) Although I don't think Bauldur's gate is really obscure.. I don't hear alot of people talk about it. I'd love for them to come back and make a new one. I had so much fun playing through this one.

Vectorman 1 & 2 - Great games. (Sega Genesis)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

The console stopped being awesome after the N64. Then the only good consoles were the Xbox, PS1, Xbox 360, and PS3. (in that order)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The best game ever released for consoles.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I grew up playing B.O.B. on SNES actually. It's still one of my favourite platformers. But yes, it's long. I've still not actually completed it.

Yea I got about to the 2nd world (not sure where exactly.) I'm thinking about trying to play through it.

I had to mention my favorite platformer sooner or later..

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.

...You all probably expected this.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I grew up playing B.O.B. on SNES actually. It's still one of my favourite platformers. But yes, it's long. I've still not actually completed it.

Yea I got about to the 2nd world (not sure where exactly.) I'm thinking about trying to play through it.

I got far into the 3rd world in fact. But I never managed to get past a certain boss. The fact your weapons gets taken away when you die didn't help either. That game is very hard because of that.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

The console stopped being awesome after the N64. Then the only good consoles were the Xbox, PS1, Xbox 360, and PS3. (in that order)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The best game ever released for consoles.

PS2 was by far better than all of those IMO.

The console stopped being awesome after the N64. Then the only good consoles were the Xbox, PS1, Xbox 360, and PS3. (in that order).

PS2 was by far better than all of those IMO.

Then you either never played the good games on those consoles, or you never used those consoles at all.

I guess anyone is entitled to their own opinion, but.. exclusive to Xbox all that really was memorable was Halo (1 & 2), and Fable.

PS2 on the other hand. God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper. All really good games.

I had both system, although Xbox Live was something to be admired, PS2 was the far more enjoyable system.

Now I'd agree Xbox 360 > PS3. I'm not sure if you purposefully left off ps2 to piss people off and try to get an even lower rep (I didn't rep down, I'm just sayin.)

Ah, I LOVE Metro 2033. I want to get the book, desperately. But, I heard the English translation was shit. That's why I want to learn Russian.

Anyway, back on topic....[attachment=0]Glitch.jpg[/attachment]

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System. Dunno if it's obscure or not, but I'm the only person I know that has a copy. You play as Glitch, a little mining droid that has been reactivated during a rebellion between the mining droids and the Mils. The Mils are evil robots who enslaved all the residents of Iron Star. (Planet's name) A few mining droids are all that is left, and a war breaks out. The gameplay is fun, the graphics are fairly good for the time, but, as far as I know, almost no-one played it.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

PS2 on the other hand. God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper. All really good games.

Xbox has the ability to run emulators, so I could play every console game upto and including PS2 games.

I had both system, although Xbox Live was something to be admired, PS2 was the far more enjoyable system.

I hate Xbox Live with a passion.

Now I'd agree Xbox 360 > PS3. I'm not sure if you purposefully left off ps2 to piss people off and try to get an even lower rep (I didn't rep down, I'm just sayin.)

I left it off because it sucked. PS3 can run emulators now, so it's on the list.

G-police! :D the first one not the second one, that was complete crap not because of the gameplay but they made it for the PS1 when PS2 was already out!!!!!!1 or they could have made it for PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can image what happened, the story/game was dropped. :(

Thinking about all these years makes me wish that i can kill the person or persons who made that decide. :evil:

Medievil

Medievil_cover.jpg

A relatively obscure console game for the PS1 which was well received when it first came out, but almost everyone has forgotten about it now. :| One of my personal favorites.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I think the Crash Bandicoot series is pretty obscure.

I don't know anyone who's heard of it.

I had that with the ps1. That was actually the first video game i've ever played. :D

Also known as "Username"

Xbox has the ability to run emulators, so I could play every console game upto and including PS2 games.

You really have to be kidding. Even running a PS2 emulator on great gaming PCs will work on only roughly half of the PS2 library, and even those will have video and audio glitches abound. There's also the fact that Xbox couldn't handle emulation of PS2 games at any playable framerate. That's not a comparison of the hardware of the two systems, it's a fact about the downfall of emulators. Anyway, you're taking console hacks into account when evaluating how good a console is?

The PS2 was a great console by the way. I don't really get what you have against it, or if you're just trolling, as you very often do.

I had that with the ps1. That was actually the first video game i've ever played. :D

Over here they are anything but obscure.

Over here they are anything but unobscure.

Also known as "Username"

Ah, I LOVE Metro 2033. I want to get the book, desperately. But, I heard the English translation was shit. That's why I want to learn Russian.

I strongly suggest you get that book, it made for great late night reading :P

Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a pulse"

Is a pretty obscure game, i have yet to meet one othere then me that have had a copy, witch really is a shame since its so much fun. Who wouldnt enjoy creating his/her own army of brain-munching zombies!

Heres a funny trailer of it :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY68Tx5LHdo

Crash Bandicoot was the mascot of the PS1 (or atleast one of the main ones), I had the first game on the PS1.