Obscure but good console games

Sign in to follow this  

Killer7 Killer7 Killer7

I am in deep love with this game.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Crash Bandicoot is definitely not obscure. It was the PS1's flagship series. I actually read a great article about the making of the first game. It's really awesome. In one part, these two coding geniuses (all of Naughty Dog at the time) figured out a way for the ps1 to handle way way more than it was designed for. Sony later on hired an internal team of experts to try and replicate their work, but they couldn't figure it out.

Here's the article

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/

I think the Crash Bandicoot series is pretty obscure.

I don't know anyone who's heard of it.

I had that with the ps1. That was actually the first video game i've ever played. :D

Crash Bandicoot was the mascot of the PS1 (or atleast one of the main ones), I had the first game on the PS1.

Oh god. Out of all 50 of my friends (and enemies) i'd say like 2% know what it is.

Also known as "Username"

The console stopped being awesome after the N64. Then the only good consoles were the Xbox, PS1, Xbox 360, and PS3. (in that order).

PS2 was by far better than all of those IMO.

Then you either never played the good games on those consoles, or you never used those consoles at all.

Original Xbox had barely any good exclusives, come to think of it Halo was the only good one; and that was on PC as well. I have a PS3 and I enjoy it, but it doesn't compare to the epic games like Ico on the PS2. And notice BTG that it says IMO, it's my opinion. You seem to miss that on every friggen' post I make.

You really have to be kidding. Even running a PS2 emulator on great gaming PCs will work on only roughly half of the PS2 library, and even those will have video and audio glitches abound. There's also the fact that Xbox couldn't handle emulation of PS2 games at any playable framerate. That's not a comparison of the hardware of the two systems, it's a fact about the downfall of emulators. Anyway, you're taking console hacks into account when evaluating how good a console is?

The PS2 was a great console by the way. I don't really get what you have against it, or if you're just trolling, as you very often do.

No console hacks required for the emulators, and I could literally play EVERY PS2 game released at normal framerates. Just have to have a big HDD for the Xbox, and download decent PS2 game rips. If we're including console hacks, then Xbox had the PS2 beat there too... One little chip replacement, and you could do anything a PC could do. (including installing WinXP)

Original Xbox had barely any good exclusives, come to think of it Halo was the only good one; and that was on PC as well. I have a PS3 and I enjoy it, but it doesn't compare to the epic games like Ico on the PS2.

I thought this was about the consoles, not the games... If I'm mistaken, please tell me.

And notice BTG that it says IMO, it's my opinion. You seem to miss that on every friggen' post I make.

Every post is always an opinion, never said it wasn't.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So what? You're talking about system specs?

That wouldn't cover the capabilities of the console.

Guys chill, This thread is actually about the GAMES not the console.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Bauldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2. (Gamecube) Although I don't think Bauldur's gate is really obscure.. I don't hear alot of people talk about it. I'd love for them to come back and make a new one. I had so much fun playing through this one.

Oh my God. I played the first Bauldur's Gate on PS2 with my friend. We beat the entire game in one night. That was the most fun I've had with a co-op game. (Next to playing around on Halo's co-op.)

Bauldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2. (Gamecube) Although I don't think Bauldur's gate is really obscure.. I don't hear alot of people talk about it. I'd love for them to come back and make a new one. I had so much fun playing through this one.

Oh my God. I played the first Bauldur's Gate on PS2 with my friend. We beat the entire game in one night. That was the most fun I've had with a co-op game. (Next to playing around on Halo's co-op.)

I played with my cousin (and on several occasions by myself), and then I played solo through the Gauntlet (or whatever it was called), and then played the extreme difficulty up till I got to the Tower but I stopped for some reason (I think I got stuck). I swear I remember fighting the Lizard King (on extreme) who would like kill you in 1 hit. It was freakin ridiculous. I really would love a good Co-op game like that again to play. Just curious what'd you play as?

I'm pretty sure I played as all the characters (my favorite being the Dwarf).

I think we were talking about obscure console games? please continue.

I'm talking to BTG and Axel..They were starting to have a debate about which CONSOLE is better (PS2 or Xbox), the thread is about good games that have been overlooked.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

the thread is about good games that have been overlooked.

I honestly can't think of any really good console games that were overlooked... Good ideas badly implemented, but not good games.

Neither can I, but I guess that's because we are both mainly PC gamers.

Possibly, but I prided myself on keeping up with the consoles until the Xbox.

Neither can I, but I guess that's because we are both mainly PC gamers.

Possibly, but I prided myself on keeping up with the consoles until the Xbox.

Yeah, same here pretty much. After that I lost interest to be honest, though the Wii is pretty fun to play on, even if I prefer PC.

Now that I think of it, X-Zone is a game that I hear nobody discussing. Maybe because it was made for the Super Scope. I used to play the shit out of it, mostly because of the soundtrack was so good.

Here's a little taster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcijN-XXzgQ

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com