The acknowledgement of other "Mind" series'

Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I'm sure all of us know of other "Mind" series', and how the people who make/made them acknowledge the events of Freeman's Mind in their "Mind" (Freeman yelling "SUUUUCKEEERR" at Barney was carried over using audio editing in Barney's Mind). While watching Shephard's Mind Ep. 10 for a second time, I noticed the scene where he shouts at Freeman as he runs and jumps into the portal without hesitation, and wish to know if Ross will acknowledge this event by both jumping into the portal without hesitation and/or patch in the audio of Shephard shouting at Freeman as he jumps. Also, the maker of Barney's Mind made sure to have Barney be aware of the friendship he and Freeman share, as this is the actual relationship they have, and I have yet to see Freeman reference it, he often notes his standoffish attitude towards all other people, but it is known that, as per the "lore", Freeman and Barney knew each-other and were indeed good friends. I only seek confirmation that Ross will acknowledge these things in future episodes and when the events arise.

Thank you,

Mako Vlazkov

Time will tell. It certainly would be awesome and create a link between all the different series. Shephard's Mind is also my favourite Mind series in addition to Freeman's Mind, so to see them co-operating would be like a dream come true for me!

I do not mean to put forth the idea of cooperation in the series' between the series' (If that makes sense), as I do not wish to impose, I only seek to know if Ross will merely acknowledge the events of the other "Minds."

Time will tell. It certainly would be awesome and create a link between all the different series. Shephard's Mind is also my favourite Mind series in addition to Freeman's Mind, so to see them co-operating would be like a dream come true for me!

I do not mean to put forth the idea of cooperation in the series' between the series' (If that makes sense), as I do not wish to impose, I only seek to know if Ross will merely acknowledge the events of the other "Minds."

I understand and I agree. It probably wouldn't be too hard.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I understand and I agree. It probably wouldn't be too hard.

Perhaps you are right, but I am inclined to not put forth imposition upon Ross to perform a task that I do not fully understand the complexity or difficulty thereof.

Not to be one to speak on the behalf of any of the Mind series creators, but if I am not mistaken, there are audio clips recorded of all the Mind series creators from a webcam conference on YouTube although what the video is called eludes me at the moment.

Not to be one to speak on the behalf of any of the Mind series creators, but if I am not mistaken, there are audio clips recorded of all the Mind series creators from a webcam conference on YouTube although what the video is called eludes me at the moment.

It's called the Meeting of the Minds. Search it on Youtube, its really good.

And that's called telepathy. XD

Yeah, I hope that Ross does Freeman's Mind to that part soon, or at the end for that matter.

He should >.>

And that's called telepathy. XD

Yeah, I hope that Ross does Freeman's Mind to that part soon, or at the end for that matter.

He should >.>

Telepathy, courtesy of Skype Have the other minds met Ross Scott? If they have then they should have some kind of collaboration on a new project or something. Fans will love it imo

Telepathy, courtesy of Skype Have the other minds met Ross Scott? If they have then they should have some kind of collaboration on a new project or something. Fans will love it imo

The creator of Barney mind is Ian Riley,and there is an admin here in AF that is named Ian

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

About Barney and Freeman being friends... That's part of Half-Life 2 lore, not the original lore. In the original lore, Freeman had just started working, maybe it was he's first day or first week on the job, can't remember right now. But in Half-Life 2, it is stated that Freeman was an employee at Black Mesa for some years at the moment of the incident. And in Freema'ns Mind he is very surprised by everything around him, doesn't that mean that he's new to Black Mesa?

Theres a really high chance that what I'm saying makes no sense.

About Barney and Freeman being friends... That's part of Half-Life 2 lore, not the original lore. In the original lore, Freeman had just started working, maybe it was he's first day or first week on the job, can't remember right now. But in Half-Life 2, it is stated that Freeman was an employee at Black Mesa for some years at the moment of the incident. And in Freema'ns Mind he is very surprised by everything around him, doesn't that mean that he's new to Black Mesa?

Black Mesa was a top secret research lab,even his employes werent allowed to visit sections that did not concern them

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

That would be great. I love the fact that the Mind series are connecting to each other, but I don't think Ross will do anything to connect with them. I mean, I know he's acknowledged them and 'approved' of their existance but, I think he's TOO famous to do it. I mean, Shephard's and Barney's Mind did a thing where they talked to each other through a locker (Gordon's to be exact) but they're doing that because they're both just two dudes on YouTube looking to entertain people. KrimsinYT (Shephard's Mind) was so popular though that he was asked by Youtube to become a partner, but he turned it down.

But that's another story, point is, it would be cool if Ross decided to do that, but I don't think he will, and we'll have to chock it up to that he didn't hear Shephard's voice. What I think will happen with the whole 'run in without hesitation' thing will be that, he's hesitant at first, he finally decided to run it, but by the time he did, Shephard walked in. But that's just me, after all, we are on Ross's site, I'm sure he'll read some of this stuff and acknowledgewhat we're saying. Hopefully.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yeah, but a lot of the continuity between Half Life 1 and 2 is really vague.

I don't think it's really pinned down all that well...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Yeah, it's a bit vague and confusing. I believe the only information that we have that Freeman was new to Black Mesa in HL1 lore was in Half Life; Decay, the coop campaign of Half-Life for the PS2. There, they mention this, I heard it myself, just can't remember the exact words. I'm not sure what they say on HL2 about that, but I remember reading it somewhere that in HL2 Freeman is an employee for some time.

It's weird, I was pretty sure that in Freeman's Mind he said something about being late in is first day or something :/

If you paid attention to ian's blog he did try to get Ross to work with them but Ross turned him down, why i don't know/care and tbh their ehbe it scripts or straight up voice acting ability them don't match up.

Well, you can see that Ross already has many problems with coordinating everything necessary when making new episodes, so having to be in sync with every other Mind series creators would just be more problems waiting to happen...

Again, I am not asking for collaboration, but to at lease acknowledge the existence of certain factors of other "Minds", and only in places where they intermix, which are few and far between.

Again, I am not asking for collaboration, but to at lease acknowledge the existence of certain factors of other "Minds", and only in places where they intermix, which are few and far between.

which is never?

which is never?

So far the only one would be Adrian screaming at Gordon at the moment he enters the portal to Xen